Moves
    26 Sep '16 16:00
    Satan seems to be winning.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 16:06
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I think you are probably conflating 'Satan' with mortal 'temptation' and 'dependency' sir.

Not wishing to be presumptuous, but if this is in regards to your previously disclosed drinking problem, then I think you are spending too much time blaming God (and now the devil) when you would be much better off taking ownership of the problem yourself and seeking professional help, plenty of which is out there. (I'll even direct you personally if you send me a PM).
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 16:09
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I think you are probably conflating 'Satan' with mortal 'temptation' and 'dependency' sir.

Not wishing to be presumptuous, but if this is in regards to your previously disclosed drinking problem, then I think you are spending too much time blaming God (and now the devil) when you would be much better off taking ownership of the problem yourself an ...[text shortened]... ional help, plenty of which is out there. (I'll even direct you personally if you send me a PM).
    Did God create me?
    And if He did, was alcoholism part of it?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 16:13
    Did God create me?
    Yes. And self-pity as well.

Manchild.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 16:16
    Lets see there is you against an spiritual being who is called the god of this world, who is
    in control of a third of heavenly host that rebelled against God. I'd say you are out
    matched.

If I were you I go to One that kicked his butt already and get in close with Him. Jesus does
    after all love you, has seen you at your worse and still died for you and wants the best
    for you even as you attempt to figure this life out.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 16:34
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Yes. And self-pity as well.

Manchild.
    Must be nice to be perfect, and never get tempted.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 16:51
    Yeah, it's not bad.

Think I might go get a nice cold beer now. Mmmm... the feel of a cold glas in my hand, seeing those bubbles rise up, that white foam on top, that first taste... don't swallow yet, keep it in your mouth for another moment, really taste it.. savour it. Then swallow, and feel the kick of the bitterness hitting you softly. Have another sip, another glas. Feel the buzz of the alcohol flowing through you. Life's good. Alcohol fixes everything. Alcohol is my friend. How about you?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 17:03
    Yeah, it's not bad.

Think I might go get a nice cold beer now. Mmmm... the feel of a cold glas in my hand, seeing those bubbles rise up, that white foam on top, that first taste... don't swallow yet, keep it in your mouth for another moment, really taste it.. savour it. Then swallow, and feel the kick of the bitterness hitting you softly. Have anot ...[text shortened]... flowing through you. Life's good. Alcohol fixes everything. Alcohol is my friend. How about you?
    Are you equating alcohol with a good life?

In this thread, I did not share my battles with alcohol. Why did you?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 17:092 edits
    Temptation is not a measure of perfection for mankind, even Jesus when He walked
    among us was tempted. I doubt temptation is even a measure of maturity in our walks
    as well since being shown something we desire can happen regardless of how strong
    we are. Submitting to God, resisting the temptation is the goal, avoiding temptation is
    also a nice way to handle it by not putting ourselves in places where we know that
    temptation is sure to come.

Ask yourself have you been serious lately about your walk? If not flipping your goals back
    to where you know you need to be is simply a choice for you. You cannot undo what has
    been done, only select where you go next as long as you have choices before you.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 17:16
    Are you equating alcohol with a good life?

In this thread, I did not share my battles with alcohol. Why did you?
    Yes, alcohol = good life.

Makes you forget your problems. Makes everything seem better. Drowns out negativity.

Shall we get loaded together? You know you want to, ya bad boy.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 17:39

Makes you forget your problems. Makes everything seem better. Drowns out negativity.

Satan surely has a hold on you.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 19:45
    Satan surely has a hold on you.
    You might be right.

Sonship told me some time ago that Satan has his "fangs" implanted in my brain!

😲
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 20:51

Instead of the group AA, you could start a group called AA&P or (Alcoholics and Proud of it)
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 23:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Instead of the group AA, you could start a group called AA&P or (Alcoholics and Proud of it)
    You're so clever. Makes me jealous and sad. Might get another beer from the fridge.
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 23:33
    Did God create me?
    I'm an agnostic, my problem with the concept is the question of his (her) existence. But suppose for arguments sake that there is a God. I cannot think of any good reason to think that my problems are not either of my own making or, occasionally, caused by other people. Any inadequacies I have are my responsibility and mine alone. If one has problems they are not caused by God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree