What need is that you think we face?
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 23:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What need is that you think we face?
    connection, meaning, purpose, touchy-feely crap like that, as you already know

I get a strong sense of the insincerity of your question.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 03:26
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Satan surely has a hold on you.
    There are some here that are not worth entertaining them with logic or honesty. They are beneath both.

God created us, in His love.
    Alcoholism comes from the choise we make or others (as in mothers who drink when pregnant). Some drink when depression hits them, it is their escape. But the truth of that escape is, the drinker will always return to that same depression. It can seem a never ending battle.

Coming here, on this page is a start. You have reached out here, why not reach out to a councilor or go to an AA meeting. Those who are in AA have a special bond.
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 03:32
    Maybe you missed my point. I was born with brown eyes, I had nothing to do with that. Was I also born with the 'disease' of alcoholism?

It's not my intention to blame God, but there are things that are obviously out of our control. Who wants cancer? Who wants diabetes? Are humans completely at fault for everything? No 'higher plan' is involved?
    Channey3, it is hard to find the point when your opening statement is so vague. If you would have opened with this comment, you would have heard a better argument, or less confusion.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 05:21
    Originally posted by apathist
    connection, meaning, purpose, touchy-feely crap like that, as you already know

I get a strong sense of the insincerity of your question.
    Your strong senses not with standing i do not read minds. If all God is, is a warm and fuzzy feeling He would be useless. We can get warm and fuzzy from a song, a good meal, a hug none of those can change lives as Jesus has!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 15:00
    Originally posted by sonship
    Prayer:

[quote] [b]Lord Jesus
    , Your servant Paul said I could be a new creation in Christ. Your servant said the old things could pass away and become new things.

Lord Jesus, if it were just a matter of my personal happiness, maybe it would not mean very much to You. But Lord Jesus, YOU need me to become a "new creation" for Your purpose. ...[text shortened]... ith a willingness to have Jesus Christ as your total new center and on the throne of your heart.[/b]
    Thank you Sonship. I have read your posts numerous times, and am humbled how you took the time to provide a sincere prayer, a prayer that removes the motive of selfish desires. It was an eye opener for me, because it has helped me to see how selfish I have been.

Thank you.
  7. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    13 Oct '16 21:34
    Are you equating alcohol with a good life?

In this thread, I did not share my battles with alcohol. Why did you?
    Wow - chaney3, you know what, we all have issues and problems and it takes a lot to open up to this especially with the alcohol thing and the morons who have no moral values will always keep bullying you on this one little thing - tell them to shut up and grow up....or wait, bullies never grow up!

I obviously have not followed any thread where this came up so I am totally in the dark here but I still wont judge you. Hope you can overcome your battles, its only a mind game and a prayer away!
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Oct '16 08:44
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Your strong senses not with standing i do not read minds. If all God is, is a warm and fuzzy feeling He would be useless. We can get warm and fuzzy from a song, a good meal, a hug none of those can change lives as Jesus has!
    I didn't say you can read minds, I said you know what it means to be spiritual.

Despite your second sentence, we see you get all warm and fuzzy about Jesus belief!
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '16 18:41
    I didn't say you can read minds, I said you know what it means to be spiritual.

Despite your second sentence, we see you get all warm and fuzzy about Jesus belief!
    Again I do not know what you think when you say the word "spiritual" many of your
    answers seem a bit off to me about a variety of topics which makes me think I need you
    to really make yourself clear. That is NOT a slam on you it only means we don't think a like
    and your meaning could blow past me as mine could you without meaning too.

I get warm and fuzzy about Jesus, my beliefs can be flawed He isn't.
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Oct '16 09:032 edits
    originally posted by KellyJay
    Again I do not know what you think when you say the word "spiritual"
    I did say. Our search for connection, meaning and purpose.
    What do you mean by the word 'spiritual'?

... Jesus, my beliefs can be flawed He isn't.
    So you believe He isn't flawed, and admit your beliefs may be flawed. It follows that Jesus may be flawed.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '16 13:45
    originally posted by [b]KellyJay
    Again I do not know what you think when you say the word "spiritual"
    I did say. Our search for connection, meaning and purpose.
    What do you mean by the word 'spiritual'?

... Jesus, my beliefs can be flawed He isn't.
    So you believe He isn't flawed, and admit your beliefs may be flawed. It follows that Jesus may be flawed.[/b]
    I believe Jesus is not flawed and I admit I am, doesn't seem like a difficult statement to
    grasp in my opinion.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Oct '16 19:27
    Thank you Sonship. I have read your posts numerous times, and am humbled how you took the time to provide a sincere prayer, a prayer that removes the motive of selfish desires. It was an eye opener for me, because it has helped me to see how selfish I have been.

Thank you.
    You are quite welcomed.

If I can be of any other possible help, let me know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree