1. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 May '16 13:28
    Originally posted by sonship
    Because Rajk999 is myopic, narrow, one themed, and obssessively pushing his one note topic of Christians losing salvation, he will probably twist this into encouraging believers live loosely.

Christ being [b]raised for our justification
    secured our eternal redemption forever.

So John says God is 'faithful and RIGHTEOUS to forgive us our s ...[text shortened]... mments welcome. [/quote]

Not everyone wants to join Rajk999 in his ignorance and slander.
    Ignorance and Slander ? Nice one Mr Devotee of Lee Nee .. 😀
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '16 13:443 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Ignorance and Slander ? Nice one Mr Devotee of Lee Nee .. 😀
    There is nothing wrong with being devoted to teachings from Watchman Nee and Witness Lee.

We do not define any local church as a Lee Church as Christianity has a Lutheran Church ( after Brother Martin Luther )

We do not define any local church as a Nee Church as a Wesleyan Church (after Brother John Wesley).

Further still - We do not even insist that a local church has to be devoted to the ministry of Watchman Nee or Witness Lee. The church belongs to the locality and not to any Christian teacher no matter how gifted or useful.

So you slander.

But let's go on. Why should I be ashamed to claim I am devoted to the ministry of a useful servant of God ? Paul told Timothy not to be ashamed of himself or of his teaching.

"Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord NOR OF ME His prisoner; but suffer evil with the Gospel according to the power of God." (2 Tim. 1:8)

If you had been there you would have condemned Timothy as a "devotee of Paul".
    Why should I be ashamed of a man who was a prisoner for Jesus Christ for 20 years in a Communist prison, that God's people would be blessed with the truth of the Gospel ?

I speak of Brother Watchman Nee.

The day, however, my local church declares itself to be a Watchman Nee Church like some Christians declare a Lutheran Church or a Wesleyan Church, is the day I will say - "You all have fallen away from what Brother Nee himself TAUGHT. This is no longer a proper local church. It is not a denomination."

But to be faithful to the teaching of a servant of God as he is faithful to God is nothing for which I need any adjustment for from anyone.

"But you, continue in the things which you have learned and have been assured of, knowing from which ones you have learned them. " ( 2 Tim. 3:14)

You're a fool if you think you can make me ashamed so as to forget the things which I have learned and the life examples of the ones from whom I learned them.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '16 14:022 edits
    When one poster writes one line cracks and the other writes carefully crafted in depth responses, this is clearly a time wasting tactic of the troll.

I will not spend time on your trollish short little one line criticisms of minute substance.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 May '16 14:52
    When one poster writes one line cracks and the other writes carefully crafted in depth responses, this is clearly a time wasting tactic of the troll.

I will not spend time on your trollish short little one line criticisms of minute substance.
    You have carefully crafted in depth responses ...

Funny 😀
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '16 15:59
    You have carefully crafted in depth responses ...

Funny 😀
    Careful enough that you have not been able to defeat any.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 May '16 16:491 edit
    Careful enough that you have not been able to defeat any.
    Me? Nope.
    Its Jesus Christ & the Apostles v Witness Lee./ Watchman Nee.
    I cheering on the winning team, while you side with the losers.

Long detailed explanations is a sure sign of a false doctrine.
    Truth in Christ is simple and clear.
    Truth does not need explanation.
    Truth speaks for itself and needs no longwinded analysis
    Truth is uncomplicated
    Truth is simple.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '16 17:421 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '16 17:45
    Truth is uncomplicated
    Truth is simple.
    Are there not scientific truths that are complicated?

If you agree, then why can't there be spiritual truths that are complicated?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 May '16 18:08
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem

Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.

Isaac Newton
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 May '16 19:24

Tell me one spiritual truth that is complicated.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 May '16 17:41
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.

Isaac Newton
    I think humans find the concept of truths being mostly simple romantic. I also think that for a smart guy like Sir Isaac, everything seems simpler after you've figured it out. I also think that Sir Isaac never had to build a particle collider or a microcircuit.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 May '16 21:142 edits
    I think humans find the concept of truths being mostly simple romantic. I also think that for a smart guy like Sir Isaac, everything seems simpler after you've figured it out. I also think that Sir Isaac never had to build a particle collider or a microcircuit.
    You don't seem to understand what's at hand here. It's hardly just a "romantic" notion.

I also think that for a smart guy like Sir Isaac, everything seems simpler after you've figured it out.

Reread the Newton quote and what you've written here. His point is that there WAS a "multiplicity and confusion of things" until he came to understand the TRUTH. The fact is that it was always far "simpler" than anyone had imagined.

If you'd ever done much ground-floor engineering and were good at it, you'd understand this. It's difficult to do and very few are any good at it. Seems most can't see past the complication.
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 May '16 01:56
    You don't seem to understand what's at hand here. It's hardly just a "romantic" notion.

[b]I also think that for a smart guy like Sir Isaac, everything seems simpler after you've figured it out.

Reread the Newton quote and what you've written here. His point is that there WAS a "multiplicity and confusion of things" until he came to understand t ...[text shortened]... t's difficult to do and very few are any good at it. Seems most can't see past the complication.[/b]
    The word "confusion" also weakens the quote somewhat. Of course if one feels they've found the truth then they also have ceased feeling confused about the matter. That is tautological.

I wonder if he, like many today, conflated the feeling of "now things make sense!" with the actual finding of truth.

Doubtless he had more reason than most to treat the two as equivalent. But the fact remains that his "laws"of physics were shown to have exceptions by Einstein's theory of relativity. Apparently it wasn't as simple as he had thought.

Now, be my guest and argue that he didn't make it "simple" enough. 🙂
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 May '16 02:11
    The word "confusion" also weakens the quote somewhat. Of course if one feels they've found the truth then they also have ceased feeling confused about the matter. That is tautological.

I wonder if he, like many today, conflated the feeling of "now things make sense!" with the actual finding of truth.

Doubtless he had more reason than most to tr ...[text shortened]... mple as he had thought.

Now, be my guest and argue that he didn't make it "simple" enough. 🙂
    Well, there certainly seems to be "confusion" on your part. Who said anything about "feelings"?

Like I said, "You don't seem to understand what's at hand here."
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 May '16 17:32
    Well, there certainly seems to be "confusion" on your part. Who said anything about "feelings"?

Like I said, "You don't seem to understand what's at hand here."
    I think your mental habits are such that you have difficulty approaching topics from any direction other than the One Right Way To Think On The Matter. Hence the handle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree