1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 May '16 11:48
    This saint wanted to go it alone and not be bothered meeting with other Christians. Fortunately she found meeting with the local church fulfilled a need God has and consequently furnished a salvation for her as well.

My bolding

Jesus Loves Me

I come from China and am currently a student at Mount San Antonio College. I can still recall the day two years ago when I received the Lord and was baptized as a result of His redemption. Now my heart is full of His blessings. I thank the Lord Jesus for His mercy and grace upon me. Without Him I could not imagine where I would be today and what kind of living I would otherwise have. But thank and praise the Lord, I am a child of the Lord today. Every day in the local church I am living a Christian life where I eat the Lord, drink the Lord, enjoy the Lord, and wait for His return (John 6:63).

Immediately after my baptism, I did not want to meet with a group of “strangers”. I thought it was enough that I loved the Lord alone and wondered why I should bother meeting with other people. However, I am gradually coming to realize that the focus of the Lord's plan is to gain a Body to contain Him, which Body is the church. Moreover, the Lord showed me through the numerous frustrating happenings in my life that I cannot make it without the other Christians. Therefore I started opening to the Christian brothers and sisters in the local church and fellowshipped with them about my problems. As they prayed for me, suddenly I felt that the Lord was so real. Even though He is invisible, in the midst of a group of Christian brothers and sisters who love Him out of a pure heart, I can sense the presence of the Lord. By this, I see the life union among the brothers and the sisters. Moreover, I began to realize that it is not an outward formality to meet with others who love the Lord. Rather, we are like partners to one another and encourage one another to be built up into the Body of Christ by the portion of Christ inside each one of us. Therefore, the faces of these believers that used to be just like strangers to me are now so intimate and familiar to me. Seeing them is like seeing my own family. This also caused me to realize that we love the Lord because He first loved us. Because we love Him, we love His believers too.

http://www.localchurches.org/testimonies/testimony.htm?1=DIA&2=010

This will be the last testimonial I will paste in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree