1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 23:20
    Just wanted to see what you all feel will be the future of humans and this planet in the next 50+ years?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 23:331 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just wanted to see what you all feel will be the future of humans and this planet in the next 50+ years?
    Population 13 billion, all Borg.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 23:34
    You are a brave soul. You come from an organisation that has produced failed / false predictions of the future by the thousands. You sure you want to compare your predictions with anyone elses?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 23:37
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are a brave soul. You come from an organisation that has produced failed / false predictions of the future by the thousands. You sure you want to compare your predictions with anyone elses?
    He's looking to be persecuted for Jehovah and eventually find sufficient reasons to hissy-for off again.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 23:38
    I think, while a range of tough issues will continue to challenge humanity - like access to water and food security - key indicators regarding health, education, democracy/rights/justice and other aspects of ordinary people's lives, will continue to give us cause for optimism and positivity.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 00:22
    In the past 30 years, half of earth's coral reefs have died. So I predict: no more healthy coral.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 00:241 edit
    I think the world will become more and more secular. In the UK we have seen a massive shift towards secularism since the early sixties. A seismic shift.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 00:351 edit
    I can't say for sure myself but I'm wanting to move away from the Oregon/Washington coast area as the soon to happen forecast is for this fault line just off the coast to slip. It's about 50 miles out and could generate a 9.2 as has happened in the past and it is overdue. I'm in Vancouver up the Columbia about 60 miles. But the infrastructure will be heavily damaged here and the possibility of the expected tsunami making up this far via the Columbia. They say that almost everything west of the interstate I5 will be be changed drastically.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 00:37
    Thinking this will be more difficult to predict than virtually any other time in human history. I base this on 3 things (not only 3 things but 3 significant factors)

1. There are more people than ever. And not just more but a whole heap more.
    2. The rise of the internet and instant communication, which makes mobilizing thought and hence action much, much more quicker.
    3. The pace of technology (and the subsequent failure of laws to keep up with it. )
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 00:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thinking this will be more difficult to predict than virtually any other time in human history. I base this on 3 things (not only 3 things but 3 significant factors)

1. There are more people than ever. And not just more but a whole heap more.
    2. The rise of the internet and instant communication, which makes mobilizing thought and hence action much ...[text shortened]... e quicker.
    3. The pace of technology (and the subsequent failure of laws to keep up with it. )
    Yes more people brings more problems usually. But with issues like food, this planet could produce so much more but money and wicked governments has kept so many areas from thriving as they could with food production.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 00:43
    Originally posted by apathist
    In the past 30 years, half of earth's coral reefs have died. So I predict: no more healthy coral.
    Yes if the oceans die it's bad news for all of us. Each ocean has areas that are already void of life and that's scary.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 00:442 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think, while a range of tough issues will continue to challenge humanity - like access to water and food security - key indicators regarding health, education, democracy/rights/justice and other aspects of ordinary people's lives, will continue to give us cause for optimism and positivity.
    I agree there is a bubbling positivity underlying much of human activity. The silent majority, the distinctly ' un-American' thought running through the world is hard to measure.
    People not wishing to be rich or famous , but instead having a positive impact on the world is on the rise (I contend) This can be seen in things such as the Buddhist movement in the west. Which is quite significant and takes a win/win approach to all life.
    This would be a refreshing change from the " I'm right, you're wrong therefor you deserve to die" approach which has pervaded most of human history to date.

This is certainly the tip of one iceberg we may or may not uncover as a species. Good luck to all humans on their endevours to truly make the world a better place.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 00:44
    Yes more people brings more problems usually. But with issues like food, this planet could produce so much more but money and wicked governments has kept so many areas from thriving as they could with food production.
    As a matter of interest, where do you get your information about developmental issues and news?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 01:20
    Liberals will finally get their utopia.

A One world order will take over the globe. World hunger will end, all want and worry will disappear, and the lion will lay down with the lamb. 😵
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 02:45
    A lot of those alive today will not be then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree