1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 09:06
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Within a context of me understanding that God placed a moral compass inside me to follow, probably not.
    Do you believe your god figure placed a moral compass in everybody, whether they believe/understand it or not?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 13:24
    Clearly there are people who reject God and moral absolutes, so they would probably not be subservient to them. What do you think?
    I think it doesn't matter if God is without a doubt the absolute in the universe. man can choose to obey Him or not, an ability we were given by God to reveal what type of people we are. Just as what is in our hearts comes out of our mouths, so to our actions and inaction. What should cause us fear is the Holy God who will stand in judgment us all, without His grace we all will be condemned for our sins.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 15:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Sure. My conscience tells me is is absolutely morally wrong to kill children. What does your conscience tell you about that, and why is there a difference?
    Your conscience tells you it is wrong for God to take the lives of chldren. Whatever.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 15:43
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Your conscience "would wouldn't" allow you to do it?

You sound conflicted. Freudian slip much?
    Wouldn't
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 15:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe your god figure placed a moral compass in everybody, whether they believe/understand it or not?
    Yes but each time we choose to disobey it, it becomes diminished.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 15:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think it doesn't matter if God is without a doubt the absolute in the universe. man can choose to obey Him or not, an ability we were given by God to reveal what type of people we are. Just as what is in our hearts comes out of our mouths, so to our actions and inaction. What should cause us fear is the Holy God who will stand in judgment us all, without His grace we all will be condemned for our sins.
    Agreed.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 13:21
    Agreed.
    Too bad you all are mired in these falsehoods of man made mythology.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 13:521 edit
    Yes but each time we choose to disobey it, it becomes diminished.
    The moral compass "becomes diminished"? In what way?

Does your moral compass also "become diminished" every time you "disobey it"?
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 06:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Too bad you all are mired in these falsehoods of man made mythology.
    Feel free to enlighten me with the truth. If 'truth' even means anything to you?

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 06:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    The moral compass "becomes diminished"? In what way?

Does your moral compass also "become diminished" every time you "disobey it"?
    Yes. Each time you disobey your conscience it is seared, eventually it loses sensitivity and you become 'rudderless'.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 07:03
    Yes. Each time you disobey your conscience it is seared, eventually it loses sensitivity and you become 'rudderless'.
    Do you believe that you will lose your "salvation" if ~ despite believing in Jesus and being repentant ~ you disobey your conscience too often and become "rudderless"?
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 08:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe that you will lose your "salvation" if ~ despite believing in Jesus and being repentant ~ you disobey your conscience too often and become "rudderless"?
    The spirit of God convicts us of sin, if we are lead by the spirit and have a genuinely repentant heart, the spirit of God will always lead us back to the truth as long as we confess our sins and remain humble. He that started the good work in us promises to bring it to completion. We can always lean on that promise.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 08:45
    The spirit of God convicts us of sin, if we are lead by the spirit and have a genuinely repentant heart, the spirit of God will always lead us back to the truth as long as we confess our sins and remain humble. He that started the good work in us promises to bring it to completion. We can always lean on that promise.
    So "sin" doesn't actually matter or affect one's destiny as long as one believes and is repentant? Is that a fair summation? I am interested in comparing your ideology to sonship's.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 09:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    So "sin" doesn't actually matter or affect one's destiny as long as one believes and is repentant? Is that a fair summation? I am interested in comparing your ideology to sonship's.
    Just to be clear I believe that someone who is truly repentant and believes will be sinning a lot less often that someone who isn't, because the process of sanctification will run its course. Being repentant and believing is not just a state of mind but a total submission of the will to God.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 09:10
    Just to be clear I believe that someone who is truly repentant and believes will be sinning a lot less often that someone who isn't, because the process of sanctification will run its course. Being repentant and believing is not just a state of mind but a total submission of the will to God.
    So, if someone is repentant and believes in Jesus but is still not "sinning a lot less", then their repentance and belief will be in vain and will not result in their "salvation", is that a fair summation?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree