1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 16:476 edits
    The Triune God, the Father -the Son - the Holy Spirit is seen in the symbolism in First Corinthians chapter 3.

But not all will be willing to receive it. If you can hear it, hear it.

" For another foundation no one is able to lay besides that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

But if anyone builds upon the foundation gold, silver, precious stones,
    wood, grass, stubble,

The work of each will become manifest; for the day will declare it, because it is revealed by fire, and the fire itself will prove each one's work of what sort it is.

If anyone's work which he has built upon the foundation remains, he will receive a reward;

If anyone work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:11-15)

This examination is not about doctrinal points believed as much as about the quality of spiritual life lived.

Where in this is the Triune God ?

The gold may represent the divine nature of the Father.
    The silver may represent the redeeming of the Son.
    The precious stones may represent the transforming work of the Holy Spirit.

The local church in Corinth and everywhere else is built up by the divine nature of the Father, the redeeming work of Christ, and the transforming work of the Holy Spirit.

Man living out and in the realm of the Trinity is the only suitable building material for the living house of God.

Cont. below:
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 17:00
    Again, this examination before the judgment seat of Christ for Christians seems not about how well doctrinal points were mastered about the Trinity. Rather what kind of "work" on the church was done by mean of the LIFE that they lived.

The gold may represent the life of the Father which is the divine life.
    This lived out by the believer is useful to build up the church.

The silver may represent the redeeming of Jesus Christ.
    We Christians were bought with a price. We are not our own.
    We were redeemed by the Lord Jesus' precious blood.
    Redemption is useful to the building up of the house of God.

The precious stones represent most likely the transforming work of the Holy Spirit to conform us to the image of Jesus. This transforming work is useful to the building up of the church.

Wood, grass, stubble must stand for the things of the fallen man.
    These are the things found in great abundance.
    These are the things of the fallen Adamic man who is captive to sin.
    These things cannot build up the church. In fact below we will see that they defile the church and mar the church and deface the church and even work to destroy the church.

But the divine nature of the Father, the redeeming work of the Son, and the transforming work of the Holy Spirit - these will build up the living temple of God and will stand the fiery examination before the judgment seat of Christ.

Doctrinal understandings may vary. Living by the divine nature of the Father, the redeeming work of Jesus Christ, and the transforming work of the Holy Spirit are indispensable to God's purpose.

We must experience the Trinity in our living to live by and manifest these benefits of the three-one God.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 17:03
    Originally posted by sonship
    The Triune God, the Father -the Son - the Holy Spirit is seen in the symbolism in [b]First Corinthians chapter 3.

[quote] " For another foundation no one is able to lay besides that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

But if anyone builds upon the foundation gold, ...[text shortened]... the Trinity is the only suitable building material for the living house of God.

Cont. below:
    What utter nonsense.

First Paul identifies 6 types of mans work in the church : gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble... not 3. These prepresent the types of work ranging from excellent to poor.

To liken God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to material things when can be destroyed means clearly that your doctrine is unBiblical and shallow.

Peter said that gold perishes : Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 17:181 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What utter nonsense.

First Paul identifies 6 types of mans work in the church : gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble... not 3. These prepresent the types of work ranging from excellent to poor.

To liken God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to material things when can be destroyed means clearly that your doctrine is unBiblical and shallow.
    ...[text shortened]... ith fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: [/i]
    There is a bif distane between precious stones and wood .

Clearly - gold, silver, precious stones are together far superior in building than wood, grass, stubble.

The former substances WILL NOT burn up in the fire.
    The latter substances WILL DEFINITELY burn up in the fire.

And if there is a mixture of the various substances in the building the Christian has built with ONLY the unburnable stubstances will remain. The wood, grass, and stubble will not remain.

The meaning is that the work of the Triune God will remain and will be rewarded.
    All else will be burned up in the fire of the examination of Christ.

Now wood is superior to grass and stubble. And this may represent the good part of Adam. Unfortunately, though the goodness of the natural man is useful to human society it is not for the building up of the church. Only Christ in man is good for the building up of the house of God.

Wood may be good for building the Boy Scouts.
    Wood may be good for building a decent neighborhood or even a fine family.
    But for the building of the church Paul said that it was no longer he that lived but Christ that lived in him.

Wood may be the best part of the fallen human sinner. But it will not pass the examination of Jesus Christ as to HOW a Christian built up the church. The church can only be built by the divine nature of God, the redeemed humanity from Christ's redemption, and the transforming work upon a man's soul by the Holy Spirit.

These will stand the examination of Christ before the millennial kingdom.
    These will receive a reward.
    Even the best of the fallen humanity, at best, will mar the temple of God, defile the temple of God, and even deface the temple of God.

So the Chrstian needs to live in the realm of the Triune God. The Christian must accept the terminating work of the cross to be able to say with Paul "I am crucified with Christ. It is no longer I that live but Christ that lives within me.".

Even the "good" stuff is not useful. Only the God stuff is useful in the building of God's church.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 17:27
    There is a bif distane between [b]precious stones and wood .

Clearly - gold, silver, precious stones are together far superior in building than wood, grass, stubble.

The former substances WILL NOT burn up in the fire.
    The latter substances WILL DEFINITELY burn up in the fire.

And if there is a mixture of the various sub ...[text shortened]... en the "good" stuff is not useful. Only the God stuff is useful in the building of God's church.[/b]
    Your need to identify God, Jesus and Holy Spirit with material things which can perish shows that you are idolatrous.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 17:341 edit
    Your need to identify God, Jesus and Holy Spirit with material things which can perish shows that you are idolatrous.
    Could you really be that blind ?
    This is allegory.

Is it also idolatry for the Apostle Paul to say that Christ was the Rock that followed the Israelites in the wilderness ?

" And all ate the same spiritual food, And all drank from the same spiritual drink; for they drank from a spiritual rock which followed them,

and that rock was Christ." (1 Cor. 10:3,4)

Allegorical speaking equates the gold, silver, precious stones to the WORK of the Triune God.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 17:442 edits
    Could you really be that blind ?
    This is allegory.

Is it also idolatry for the Apostle Paul to say that Christ was the Rock that followed the Israelites in the wilderness ?

[quote] [b] " And all ate the same spiritual food, And all drank from the same spiritual drink; for they drank from a spiritual rock which followed them,

and that rock w ...[text shortened]... gorical speaking equates the [b]gold, silver, precious stones
    to the WORK of the Triune God.[/b]
    Well according to Paul its mans work. Paul said nothing of any Triune God.

Your overactive mind is turning to idolatry. Any representation of God/Jesus in the form of a picture or material objects is idolatry.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 18:116 edits

No. wrong.

According to Paul to BUILD the church is a matter of the apostles planting and watering and God giving the growth to the life of Jesus within them.

This is why he preceded his word there about building on the foundation of Christ with this word:

" I planted, Apollos watered, but God caused to growth." (v.6)

He is not talking about the growth of the natural life. He is talking about the growth of the life of God which has been imparted into the Christians in Corinth.
    They must grow in that life. And the growth of that life is also the BUILDING of the temple.

This is why he equates the local church to both the FARM and the BUILDING. As God GROWS in them God also BUILDS them up together.

"Now he who plants and he who waters are one, but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor.

For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's cultivated land
    [or farm] God's building." (vs.8,9)

You need to follow the allegory. You need to follow the thought of the Apostle Paul.
    Christ has been PLANTED into the believers.
    This "plant" needs watering.

The workers of God plant Christ. The workers also water this Christ. The goal is that Christ would grow in the Christians in Corinth. The growth of spiritual life in them is the BUILDING of the church.

The foundation of the church has been lain by the master builder apostle -

"According to the grace of God given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid a foundation, and another builds upon it. But let each man take heed how he builds upon it.

For another foundation no one is able to lay besides that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

But if anyone build upon the foundation gold, silver, precious stones, ... etc." (vs. 10-12)

The local church is a cultivated land which is meant to GROW CHRIST in people.
    The local church is also a house on a foundation, which foundation is Christ.

Christ is the foundation. But Christ is also the building material.
    By means of receiving Christ the Father's divine nature is theirs, the redeeming work of the Son is theirs and the transforming work of the Holy Spirit is theirs.

They can grow in the divine life and be builded together. Their growth IS their building too. They build by increasing in the living of Christ within them. More Christ - more building. Less Christ - less building.

The apostles plant Christ by preaching the gospel.
    The apostles also WATER the Christ planted in them with nourishing spiritual teaching and fellowship.

Your overactive mind is turning to idolatry. Any representation of God/Jesus in the form of a picture or material objects is idolatry.

No. You are too natural and are unable to discern spiritual things communicated in spiritual words.

You lack experience. You also lack real knowledge of the Scriptures.

In the very same chapter Paul speak of spiritual things communicated in spiritual words.

" But we have received not the spirit of the world but the Spirit which is form God, that we may know the things which have been graciously given to us by God.

Which things also we speak, not in words taught by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual things with spiritual words.

But a soulish man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God for they are foolishness to him and he is not able to know them because they are discerned spiritually." (vs. 12-14)

Prayer would help you. Prayer and repentance would help you. Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God and He will exalt you in due time.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 19:08

No. wrong.

According to Paul to BUILD the church is a matter of the apostles planting and watering and God giving the growth to the life of Jesus within them.

This is why he preceded his word there about building on the foundation of Christ with this word ...[text shortened]... would help you. Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God and He will exalt you in due time.
    Idolatry and Spirituality are polar opposites.

Anyway I wont be praying to your Triune God. You have been doing that and I would not want to get like you.

I pray to the God of Israel, who hates idolatry.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 19:21
    Idolatry and Spirituality are polar opposites.

Anyway I wont be praying to your Triune God. You have been doing that and I would not want to get like you.

I pray to the God of Israel, who hates idolatry.
    I don't pretend to be much of a Christian, but can say Amen to that 🙂
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 20:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What do you mean by "much of a Christian" ?
    IE. "I don't claim to be much of a Christian .."
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 20:321 edit
    What do you mean by "much of a Christian" ?
    IE. "I don't claim to be much of a Christian .."
    I mean I don't claim to be much of a Christian. I don't pretend to be something I'm not. I'm pretty poor at being a disciple. I'm not particularly looked up to in my Christian peer group. Don't do much good works - although I'm there when the need arises. I'm not a preacher or a teacher. I'm not an evangelist or a youth leader. I'm not anything obviously "Christian" really. But I know some things, a small amount of truth that was graciously given early on. And remains. And I know what doesn't align with it and I waste my time arguing about it.

How's that for an unequivocal answer to a direct question?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 20:33
    The Triune God, the Father -the Son - the Holy Spirit is seen in the symbolism in [b]First Corinthians chapter 3.

[quote] " For another foundation no one is able to lay besides that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

But if anyone builds upon the foundation gold, ...[text shortened]... the Trinity is the only suitable building material for the living house of God.

Cont. below:
    Why do you spend so much time on "Trinity", do you think Jesus died that we could grasp
    that or that we would turn towards Him and learn who God is?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 20:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If you can understand what I wrote then you are Christian enough 🙂
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 20:472 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why do you spend so much time on "Trinity", do you think Jesus died that we could grasp
    that or that we would turn towards Him and learn who God is?
    Why do you spend so much time on "Trinity", do you think Jesus died that we could grasp that or that we would turn towards Him and learn who God is?

Just maybe if certain people like checkbaiter, Rajk999. Divegeester would stop religiously attacking the revelation of the Triune God, maybe I wouldn't write so much on the Triune God.

But your question is interesting and I would ask you, and it is a genuine question - Can you site me a New Testament book that doesn't mention the Three of the Trinity at some point ?

It is very helpful to see God in Who He is in His reaching man, contacting man, and dispensing Himself to man. It is all about God reaching and coming INTO us.

For this it is hard not to emphasize the Trinity. Some of these complainers are just like Moslems. They don't care about God IN man. They seem to stop at knowing God is out there OBJECTIVELY.

Som religius people are stuck on the mere objectivity of God's existence.
    "He is THERE. He exists. He is objectively THERE. Good enough. "

To appreciate God going through steps of a process to come INTO man to be life to man, reviewing His triunity is very helpful.

Listen to the Lord Jesus talk about His resurrection in terms of God indwelling Him and He in us and we in Him.

"Yet a little while and the world beholds Me no longer, but you behold Me; because I live, you also shall live.

In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you." (John 14:19,20)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree