1. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 14:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Forgiveness is simply letting go of resentment, is it not?
    I think forgiveness and letting go of resentment are two different things. For me, forgiving someone involves re-establishing trust, wiping the slate, if you will. No longer holding on to resentment seems less participatory and rather more personal.

I'm always baffled when hearing someone who's been wronged in some awful way (like the family of a murdered person) say that they've forgiven the murderer. Whether their motivation is psychological or religious, or a mixture of the two, I'm not sure.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 15:49
    But looking at the windstorm, he became afraid. And when he started to sink, he cried
    out: “Lord, save me!” Immediately stretching out his hand, Jesus caught hold of him
    and said to him: “You with little faith, why did you give way to doubt?” After they got up
    into the boat, the windstorm abated. Matt 14: 31-33

It seems evident that it was ...[text shortened]... annot say, it seems to me to speculate
    about what is not written rather than focus on what is.
    We don't know how far away from the boat they were. My point is I think Peter then regained his trust and may have walked back with the Lord. We just don't know.
    Just thinking out side the box...😉
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 16:00
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    We don't know how far away from the boat they were. My point is I think Peter then regained his trust and may have walked back with the Lord. We just don't know.
    Just thinking out side the box...😉
    hmm its possible for sure.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 16:03
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    I think forgiveness and letting go of resentment are two different things. For me, forgiving someone involves re-establishing trust, wiping the slate, if you will. No longer holding on to resentment seems less participatory and rather more personal.

I'm always baffled when hearing someone who's been wronged in some awful way (like the family of a m ...[text shortened]... . Whether their motivation is psychological or religious, or a mixture of the two, I'm not sure.
    yes i think you may be correct, after all its possible to forgive someone but not forget what they did.

I think people forgive a murderer not for the murderers sake but for their own sake, otherwise resentment may eat them up and they become entirely bitter by the experience. Its a coping mechanism.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 18:111 edit
    Originally posted by Green Paladin

I'm always baffled when hearing someone who's been wronged in some awful way (like the family of a m ...[text shortened]... . Whether their motivation is psychological or religious, or a mixture of the two, I'm not sure.
    Those people that show no remorse for the evil they did do not deserve forgiveness in my opinion. The Muslim extremist that cheer at the beheading and death of their victums will receive no forgiveness from me. The fact that they shout "Allahu Akbar" just magnifies their evil deeds in my eyes.

From my viewpoint of what is written in the Holy Bible, God will not forgive the evil of the unrepentant and will administer revenge at an appropriate time and place. To forgive unrepentant evil would make me just as guilty as those that commit evil. There is a big difference to me in not seeking revenge and total forgiveness of the evil deeds.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 00:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Those people that show no remorse for the evil they did do not deserve forgiveness in my opinion. The Muslim extremist that cheer at the beheading and death of their victums will receive no forgiveness from me. The fact that they shout "Allahu Akbar" just magnifies their evil deeds in my eyes.

From my viewpoint of what is written in the Holy Bible, God ...[text shortened]... There is a big difference to me in not seeking revenge and total forgiveness of the evil deeds.
    I understand the frustration and anger of many, and I agree these people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    But bear in mind that what they do, they do ignorantly. They are deceived by the god of this world. Jesus forgave those who ignorantly tortured him.
    I have a hard time wrapping my pea brain around that, but remind myself we are in a spiritual war. We do not fight against flesh and blood, but spiritual wickedness from on high.
    Yes, prosecute and do everything possible to protect the innocent, but we must also remember they are people under the sway of the evil one.
    Our prayers should be directed to break their bonds from Satan.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 07:29
    I understand the frustration and anger of many, and I agree these people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    But bear in mind that what they do, they do ignorantly. They are deceived by the god of this world. Jesus forgave those who ignorantly tortured him.
    I have a hard time wrapping my pea brain around that, but remind myself we are i ...[text shortened]... under the sway of the evil one.
    Our prayers should be directed to break their bonds from Satan.
    I do not believe everyone that does evil are ignorant of what they do. Even if the devil is ignorant of his evil, his final destination in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone seems the right reward to me. I am sure that any frustration and anger that I may have will be dissolved by a just judgment.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 17:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not believe everyone that does evil are ignorant of what they do. Even if the devil is ignorant of his evil, his final destination in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone seems the right reward to me. I am sure that any frustration and anger that I may have will be dissolved by a just judgment.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    I'm not talking about the Devil! I'm talking about people! Of course Satan is evil and is not ignorant.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 01:501 edit
    I'm not talking about the Devil! I'm talking about people! Of course Satan is evil and is not ignorant.
    There will be people that will be cast into the Lake of Fire too. 😏

Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

(Revelation 14:9-10 NASB)
    And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

(Revelation 20:15 NASB)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 12:07
    I thought you didn't like monologues ?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 13:491 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    I thought you didn't like monologues ?
    After my texts I was asking questions and inviting my audience to comment. How is that in any shape or form a monologue? the reason i shared it because it was an awesome study, Peter regained his balance by focusing on Jesus, how immense and practical. We can all redress the balance by focusing on Jesus.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 14:091 edit
    After my texts I was asking questions and inviting my audience to comment. How is that in any shape or form a monologue? the reason i shared it because it was an awesome study, Peter regained his balance by focusing on Jesus, how immense and practical. We can all redress the balance by focusing on Jesus.
    Peters experienced a lack of faith when he focused his attention away from Jesus onto the incoming storm. This is why he started to sink.

Excellent Mr. Carrobie.

Now let us consider three aspects of Peter’s experience related to faith: (1) how Peter first showed faith in God’s support, (2) why Peter began to lose faith, and (3) what helped Peter to regain his faith. Examining these points can help us to see how we can “stand firm in the faith.”—1 Cor. 16:13.

... Monologue.

( I didn't say it was not a subject of interest )
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 14:13
    Originally posted by sonship
    Peters experienced a lack of faith when he focused his attention away from Jesus onto the incoming storm. This is why he started to sink.

Excellent Mr. Carrobie.

Now let us consider three aspects of Peter’s experience related to faith: (1) how Peter first showed faith in God’s support, (2) why Peter began to lose faith, and (3) what helpe ...[text shortened]... Cor. 16:13.

... Monologue.

( I didn't say it was not a subject of interest )
    no one else was answering, so I had to demonstrate how to answer it myself,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree