Westworld

SubscriberFMF
Spirituality 03 Dec '16 03:34
  1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 03:34
    Anyone watching it? The 10th (and last) episode of this first series will be aired tomorrow (Sunday). It's excellent, thought provoking science fiction that invites us to contemplate humanity, consciousness and free will and more besides.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 08:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Anyone watching it? The 10th (and last) episode of this first series will be aired tomorrow (Sunday). It's excellent, thought provoking science fiction that invites us to contemplate humanity, consciousness and free will and more besides.
    I've not watched it because I thought it would be total rubbish.
    I shall review.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 16:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am watching it. I find it interesting how they work with the 'robots' in the nude. I realise that is largely just to sell the show, but in reality I think that if we had such lifelike models in use we would keep them covered when possible.
    I wonder what impact lifelike 'sex dolls' will have on human reproduction. Already it seems the human race is doomed to either poverty or extinction via low reproduction rates. Wealthy societies have reproduction rates below replacement rate and there is no reason to think that will change.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 16:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am watching it. I find it interesting how they work with the 'robots' in the nude. I realise that is largely just to sell the show, but in reality I think that if we had such lifelike models in use we would keep them covered when possible.
    I think it accentuates the offhand way they are treated ~ it "dehumanizes" the robots, so to speak. 😛
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 17:11
    It's excellent. I very much enjoyed the original film (and indeed the sequel), and fully expected to be very disappointed, but in the event I think the series is way better.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 20:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I wonder what impact lifelike 'sex dolls' will have on human reproduction. Already it seems the human race is doo ...[text shortened]... have reproduction rates below replacement rate and there is no reason to think that will change.
    I hope it's not just another ooh look some "tits 'n fanny", liberated TV retro?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree