1. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 22:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Who 'believes' is known only to God. The word 'believe' is the word that is causing you to falter. 'Believe' can be interpreted in several ways:
    - Claiming to believe with your mouth and doing nothing about it
    - Believing in your heart but not strong enough to obey what Christ said
    - Believing in your heart and also obeying the commandments of Christ
    ...[text shortened]... eople that God will call into his Kingdom because it is these people who are obedient to Christ.
    So believing in His teachings, and following His teachings are enough?

You don't need to believe in Him? I think that's what you are saying?

Is your interpretation correct? Because I think that most Christians would think not, but I'm not sure.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 22:271 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    So believing in His teachings, and following His teachings are enough?

You don't need to believe in Him? I think that's what you are saying?

Is your interpretation correct? Because I think that most Christians would think not, but I'm not sure.
    If you believe in his teachings and follow his teachings then you DO believe in him.

What does it matter what Christians think? Christ is saying over and over in his teachings to follow his teachings.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 22:30
    If you believe in his teachings and follow his teachings then you DO believe in him.

What does it matter what Christians think? Christ is saying over and over in his teachings to follow his teachings.
    Atheists do not believe in Him, but could follow His teachings. Isn't that what you said?

This discussion initially started because you believe Ghost of a Duke can go to Heaven (Kingdom of God).
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 22:41
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Atheists do not believe in Him, but could follow His teachings. Isn't that what you said?

This discussion initially started because you believe Ghost of a Duke can go to Heaven (Kingdom of God).
    I asked you a question earlier which you ignored and this is why you cannot follow.

Christ did a lot of preaching and teaching and his words were never about believing in him but obeying his commandments.

What I am saying that an atheist can say whatever he wants it is his actions that will count.
    Same like how a Christian can proclaim his faith and belief as loud as he wants, it is not of any value unless he obeys Christ.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 23:40
    All of mankind is saved from the curse of sin which is certain death. Jesus made that possible BUT, there are commandments to follow which will determine who are worthy of Christ death and who is not.
    When will you ever begin to understand that "works" is the result of salvation and not the cause of salvation?
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    28 Apr '16 02:21
    Here is how I know that your intentions are less than honourable and that your apologies are worth nothing.

I pointed out to you what you are doing wrong regarding this 'conversation'.
    You agree that you were wrong.
    You apologized
    And still you refuse to provide any response to answers that I took the trouble to provide for you.

You are a fraud, and ...[text shortened]... ish. But I can guarantee you ... as long as I quote the teachings of Jesus you cannot succeed.
    Well... No actually. I have not agreed to anything and apologized for nothing other than to you if you were offended by what I was asking, that's all. If I wasn't sincere I wouldn't have bothered, and my apology for that still stands.

Thanks

I think we're good.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '16 07:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    When will you ever begin to understand that "works" is the result of salvation and not the cause of salvation?
    No, that doesn't work for me.

🙂
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Apr '16 11:111 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    No, that doesn't work for me.

🙂
    If only some of these Christians can see how totally ridiculous their doctrine sounds and how so far removed their doctrine is from Jesus Christ.

In essence their doctrine is as follows:
    - Give me eternal life because I proclaimed with my mouth 'I believe in Jesus'
    - Guarantee me eternal life even though I will continue with my sinful life
    - Everything I do after I proclaim my faith is good works.

If 1,500,000,000 Christians really were following the teachings of Christ there would be no poverty in the world.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    28 Apr '16 17:07
    If only some of these Christians can see how totally ridiculous their doctrine sounds and how so far removed their doctrine is from Jesus Christ.

In essence their doctrine is as follows:
    - Give me eternal life because I proclaimed with my mouth 'I believe in Jesus'
    - Guarantee me eternal life even though I will continue with my sinful life
    - Everyth ...[text shortened]... Christians really were following the teachings of Christ there would be no poverty in the world.
    Pretty tall order to judge 1.5 Billion people in that way don't you think?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree