You post a lot about death, why?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 May '16 04:061 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You post a lot about death, why?
    Seems to me that he's asking a question about someone else's posting about death.

Fittingly, it's not even about death, but delusions.

You blame GB for a lot on this website. Why?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '16 04:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Seems to me that he's asking a question about someone else's posting about death.

I think the OP is about death, as is summed up by these words, by way of a topic-setting invitation, in bold, at the beginning of it: "Your personal views about the "embrace of death." I don't think this invitation is only aimed at "someone else" [Hand of Hecate] but is aimed at everybody and anybody, and to suggest that Grampy Bobby's question is "not even about death" seems rather odd on your part.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '16 04:43
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Your personal views about the "embrace of death."
    I would say that, if the beliefs of religionists in the supernatural and immortality afford them some consolation as they approach their own deaths, and if that's what they need in order to "embrace" it, then that's alright. I know plenty of people who do.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '16 04:531 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would say that, if the beliefs of religionists in the supernatural and immortality afford them some consolation as they approach their own deaths, and if that's what they need in order to "embrace" it, then that's alright. I know plenty of people who do.
    If, however, in the process of that "embrace", you have people psychologically blackmailing or bullying, and trying to coerce each other into some kind ideological surrender and conformity, with contrived mechanisms of fear, obligation and guilt - entirely based on conjecture about supernatural beings dishing out unimaginable rewards and demented punishments, then it's not alright. But there's little one can do about it.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '16 09:051 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

You blame GB for a lot on this website. Why?
    Your understanding of the OP, is just that, your understanding. Make use of that insight and post accordingly. As will I.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '16 09:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think the OP is about death, as is summed up by these words, by way of a topic-setting invitation, in bold, at the beginning of it: "Your personal views about the "embrace of death." I don't think this invitation is only aimed at "someone else" [Hand of Hecate] but is aimed at everybody and anybody, and to suggest that Grampy Bobby's question is "not even about death" seems rather odd on your part.
    When one considers Suzanne's usual modus operandi on these boards it is apparent that there is actually nothing "odd" about Suzanne's post.
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    03 May '16 02:57
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Your personal views about the "embrace of death."

About @Hand-of-Hecate:
    "The safety blanket of delusion is all that insulates our fragile lives
    from the cold yet welcome embrace of death."

?[/b]
    Since mankind was made to live, and death is the result of a mistake, death is not natural and we should not "embrace" it.
    As death is the course we have been put on, we must accept it, but, due to the loving kindness of our Creator in providing a way out by a resurrection back to life, we can accept death with the hope of life in the future.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '16 03:34
    Originally posted by roigam
    Since mankind was made to live, and death is the result of a mistake, death is not natural and we should not "embrace" it.
    As death is the course we have been put on, we must accept it, but, due to the loving kindness of our Creator in providing a way out by a resurrection back to life, we can accept death with the hope of life in the future.
    So, your way to "embrace" death is [1] to assert that it is unnatural, and [2] to declare that you will be resurrected from the dead. Thus, with you thinking and declaring these two things, you have come to terms with death. Is that a fair summary?
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    03 May '16 03:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, your way to "embrace" death is [1] to assert that it is unnatural, and [2] to declare that you will be resurrected from the dead. Thus, with you thinking and declaring these two things, you have come to terms with death. Is that a fair summary?
    Yes, but it goes well beyond that.
    (Revelation 7:14) So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the..... ones who come out of the great tribulation,.....
    . and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
    So at the end of this system of things there is going to be a great crowd who will not even die.
    They will live through to the 1000 year reign of Christ!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '16 05:07
    (Revelation 7:14) So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the..... ones who come out of the great tribulation,.....
    . and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
    So at the end of this system of things there is going to be a great crowd who will not even die.
    Is that literally a "1000 years"?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '16 03:14
    When one considers Suzanne's usual modus operandi on these boards it is apparent that there is actually nothing "odd" about Suzanne's post.
    Just as your "modus operandi" of never answering a question put directly to you severely undercuts your desire to justify your own "bad-mouthing".
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '16 03:28
    So are you now saying that the martyrs of Christ in Revelation don't actually die?

Is this JW dogma?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '16 03:31
    Your understanding of the OP, is just that, your understanding. Make use of that insight and post accordingly. As will I.
    I usually post according to my understanding.

Just as you usually post according to your misunderstanding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree