1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 01:05
    I was once a proud Notre Dame fan during the Lou Holtz era, and hating the USC Trojans has been in my blood for decades. I understand ND's defense is weak, but they could have at least played like they were trying to win, instead of running on to the football field and acting like the "bottom" in a B&D S&M relationship like they did today. 😠
  2. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 09:20
    Originally posted by mchill
    I was once a proud Notre Dame fan during the Lou Holtz era, and hating the USC Trojans has been in my blood for decades. I understand ND's defense is weak, but they could have at least played like they were trying to win, instead of running on to the football field and acting like the "bottom" in a B&D S&M relationship like they did today. 😠
    I am also a Notre Dame fan, and certainly during the Lou Holtz era, even though a young boy. Good or bad, I still love them. Just a silly note, i love the movie "Rudy", did you see it?

And yes they looked tired. It has been to long since they earned a title. They are such a huge program, why have they not won since the last one?

They are a much bigger name then any of the teams that have won in the last decade. People who don't want football, know who they are, and understand the term "fighting Irish". So what is with their recruiting program? Is that bad for this long? I don't follow it as closely as you do. So I thought I would ask. 🙂 But I always route for them.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 15:56
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    I am also a Notre Dame fan, and certainly during the Lou Holtz era, even though a young boy. Good or bad, I still love them. Just a silly note, i love the movie "Rudy", did you see it?

And yes they looked tired. It has been to long since they earned a title. They are such a huge program, why have they not won since the last one?

They are a much bigger n ...[text shortened]... don't follow it as closely as you do. So I thought I would ask. 🙂 But I always route for them.
    Yes, I saw Rudy. It was very inspiring. I just hope Kelly can turn this around.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 13:501 edit
    Pretty much the entire NCAA is at the bottom with Alabama looking down on them all.

How many points do you reckon they will win the championship by?
  5. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 20:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Pretty much the entire NCAA is at the bottom with Alabama looking down on them all.

How many points do you reckon they will win the championship by?
    I don't see it being a classic like in other years. I think it will be a blowout. But I do hope Notre Dame turns the program around.
  6. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 20:58
    Don't appreciate your lewd comments, but I'd like to weigh in here, as a 50-year ND fan. Brian Kelly has not been able to recruit tough players who know how to behave themselves and how to study in school. Compared to Stanford and Navy, also good academic schools with good football teams, he is clearly not guessing right when he looks at high school players. His management style is suspect, also. Most of what we see is "Scream at them when they make mistakes". This may be why they get into academic, legal, and social trouble when he is not around. It looks like ND is going to stick with him another year, which I feel is a mistake. We need a coach who will recruit players who can keep up with the academics and have enough self-respect to stay out of trouble. Then, if we are 4-8, we at least have something to be proud of.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree