1. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 05:52
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Why were people doubting Maxwell?

Notonlya century butprolly save 20or 30 in the field.
    And I bet a wicket or 2 as well.
    The guy is a professional cicketer. No fluke.

edit: and Kholi can keep mouthing off please. Keeps his runs down 😀

Cant comment anymore.... This could go either way. C'mon Aussies . Lets get this win
    A draw is good enough to retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy. Quite an accomplishment seeing as it's played in India. A win in this test would be brilliant, a draw will do however.

Go you champion Aussies !!!!!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 10:40
    Why were people doubting Maxwell?

Notonlya century butprolly save 20or 30 in the field.
    And I bet a wicket or 2 as well.
    The guy is a professional cicketer. No fluke.

edit: and Kholi can keep mouthing off please. Keeps his runs down 😀

Cant comment anymore.... This could go either way. C'mon Aussies . Lets get this win
    Hi KA.

Maxwell's runs very useful, but he was barely used as a bowler in India's long innings. The search for an all rounder goes on!

Looks like a draw, a decent batting pitch at last
  3. Standard memberweststigersbob
    High Class Blunderer
    On a train somewhere
    Moves
    22 Mar '17 06:13
    Very impressive batting on Day 5 by the ever improving Handscomb and much maligned Shaun Marsh.
    1-1 heading into Dharmasala, supposedly a road which favours seamers a little bit. Can't see that happening.
    India are under extreme pressure here - they were expected to win this 4-0 and with some considerable comfort. While their spinners have gotten plenty of wickets, they simply aren't dominating like many thought they would. Likewise their batting. Only 2 genuinely good partnerships for the entire series.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '17 22:35
    Originally posted by weststigersbob
    Very impressive batting on Day 5 by the ever improving Handscomb and much maligned Shaun Marsh.
    1-1 heading into Dharmasala, supposedly a road which favours seamers a little bit. Can't see that happening.
    India are under extreme pressure here - they were expected to win this 4-0 and with some considerable comfort. While their spinners have gotten pl ...[text shortened]... ht they would. Likewise their batting. Only 2 genuinely good partnerships for the entire series.
    India under pressure for last test after brilliant day 5...

What Kholi going to do.
    I have a feeling if he keeps flapping at the mouth 100 miles and hour , it could well be what the aussies want. But what else can he doo?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 06:41
    India under pressure for last test after brilliant day 5...

What Kholi going to do.
    I have a feeling if he keeps flapping at the mouth 100 miles and hour , it could well be what the aussies want. But what else can he doo?
    I could keep posting on this thread forever 😀

Aussies 1 for 130 odd after first session on day one 😀

Smith just nonchalant , after Warner looked susceptible early.
    Kohli not playing? I'm not sure here but I think he should've played. only he would know.

Once again the toss has set up the match for the bAtting side.

Ok,ok.. just one session, but I'm all ears!!

Maybe start an Ashes thread when time right.. but like I said , for now this one seems the one to be posting on !!

This is contagious- I bowled like a demon in the nets during the lunch break. Ok, now for the rest of the match ....
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 08:01
    Hi KA

Just got up over here, and see it is more even now, Aussies 170-odd for 4.

Held together by Steve Smith, hate to say it, but wish he was English! I HAVE been singing his praises through this thread!

Taking a break from the site for a few months, but will be back to post on your Ashes thread. Think you might shade this one. India look a tired team
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 08:43
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    Hi KA

Just got up over here, and see it is more even now, Aussies 170-odd for 4.

Held together by Steve Smith, hate to say it, but wish he was English! I HAVE been singing his praises through this thread!

Taking a break from the site for a few months, but will be back to post on your Ashes thread. Think you might shade this one. India look a tired team
    Oh dear... I'm just going to shut up now. (Smith just got out )
    2nd session is India's!!

Wow.
    This test match will be interesting either way.

Tea with India getting 5 wickets in 2nd session...

Forget 400+ ... lets just get 300 ...
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 00:24
    Oh dear... I'm just going to shut up now. (Smith just got out )
    2nd session is India's!!

Wow.
    This test match will be interesting either way.

Tea with India getting 5 wickets in 2nd session...

Forget 400+ ... lets just get 300 ...
    Hi Karoly (Charlie)

You got your 300 ~ JUST!

game on. lets see how India bat on it. Good luck
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 06:001 edit
    Hi Karoly (Charlie)

You got your 300 ~ JUST!

Point of interest:
    Fastest ball ever??

J
    G
    Jeff Thompson, at the old Gabba. He bowled short of a length and it took off the seam flew over the batsmans edge, kept flying up over the wicket keepers gloves, took one bounce and hit the (then) sideboards.
    To the observers who saw that and the modern bowlers they say that it must've been at least 160km/hr..... wow.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 06:04
    Hi Karoly (Charlie)

You got your 300 ~ JUST!

I just couldn't listen to the last session.

300 is a gift really
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 06:25
    Point of interest:
    Fastest ball ever??

J
    G
    Jeff Thompson, at the old Gabba. He bowled short of a length and it took off the seam flew over the batsmans edge, kept flying up over the wicket keepers gloves, took one bounce and hit the (then) sideboards.
    To the observers who saw that and the modern bowlers they say that it must've been at least 160km/hr..... wow.
    Tommo was the 'real deal'

Remember him as your spearhead in the 1977 series over here. The England batsmen played him 'from the other end'. V wise!

Sir Viv rates him the fastest he faced, and that would do for me
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 11:211 edit
    Tommo was the 'real deal'

Remember him as your spearhead in the 1977 series over here. The England batsmen played him 'from the other end'. V wise!

Sir Viv rates him the fastest he faced, and that would do for me
    Those that remember him remember him as the fastest ever.....wow

where's Robbie with the youtubelink??
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 05:031 edit
    O man, I hope Renshaw didn't drop the match late on day 2.
    I wonder if he'll have the character to laugh it off.

Handscomb seemed like he'd played 100 tests when he was debuting. I guess a 50 helps as well, but he is definitely what the team needs.
    Also Maxwell, his cricketing brain cannot be underestimated.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 11:36
    O man, I hope Renshaw didn't drop the match late on day 2.
    I wonder if he'll have the character to laugh it off.

Handscomb seemed like he'd played 100 tests when he was debuting. I guess a 50 helps as well, but he is definitely what the team needs.
    Also Maxwell, his cricketing brain cannot be underestimated.
    Hi Karoly
    Sorry about today ~ just about as good as it could be for India, devastating for Australia.

Looks like they will have wrapped up the series by this time tomorrow

Credit to Oz for putting up a great fight, think any Australian cricket fan would have settled for an honourable 2-1 defeat in the series before it started!

Look forward to your Ashes thread in October/November!
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 02:401 edit
    Hi Karoly
    Sorry about today ~ just about as good as it could be for India, devastating for Australia.

Looks like they will have wrapped up the series by this time tomorrow

Credit to Oz for putting up a great fight, think any Australian cricket fan would have settled for an honourable 2-1 defeat in the series before it started!

Look forward to your Ashes thread in October/November!
    Barring a miracle,( mind you getting a whole ten wickets for 87 runs would only be considered a minor miracle in cricketing terms - especially batting last on an Indian wicket in the last innings), it would seem the match is lost.
    I thought for a sec there after Maxwell and Handscomb put on an impressive 50 run p'ship that they could put up 200 or 220 to win. I nearly predicted it. They were looking so good.
    And Wade at the end. Geez, I dunno, I think Smith or Maxwell batting with the tail would have got another 30 runs. Which would have been like 100 runs at nearly any other stage of a match.
    It was just great listening especially after the whole Indian team was called back after they thought they had wrapped it up. Nearly happened twice, my lucky rabbits foot had run out of luck.
    And just to rub it in the early edge off of Cummins' bowling late in the day was just awful.
    Oh well. It could well have been 2-2, not to mention 3-1 . Very easily gone either way.
    I cant remember a series where it continued to ebb and flow so much through out the whole test match.

Cheers mate , and your namesake comes in handy here, because I fear there will be blood on the Tracks for Australia early on day 4 .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree