1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 21:22
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    Robbie do you have a favorite sport you follow? 🙂
    watching sports makes me feel guilty that I am not more active than I would like to be. I really do love chess though and do follow the top players and tournaments but apart from football (soccer) and table tennis not much, but thanks or asking 😀
  2. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 21:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    watching sports makes me feel guilty that I am not more active than I would like to be. I really do love chess though and do follow the top players and tournaments but apart from football (soccer) and table tennis not much, but thanks or asking 😀
    Football is huge. I played for seven years before I started running when I was younger. Great sport and some of the best athletes in the world play soccer. If I can get to the mma gym, I find walking for a few hours a day is fantastic for you. Even if it is only 30 minutes, it is really good for you. 🙂 I also enjoy watching top players in chess. I wish my mind worked like that.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 22:09
    Football is huge. I played for seven years before I started running when I was younger. Great sport and some of the best athletes in the world play soccer. If I can get to the mma gym, I find walking for a few hours a day is fantastic for you. Even if it is only 30 minutes, it is really good for you. 🙂 I also enjoy watching top players in chess. I wish my mind worked like that.
    Its a circus of pain for those chess players. 😀
  4. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 00:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 04:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Really? lol lol Wow. Such an insult. And I just love your knowledge of the sport. Of all the things you could talk about with mma, you pick "mens clothing?"

Okay. Their uniforms are from Reebok. Feel better?

And If I did like men in their underwear, what would it matter? What people do, or who people choose to be with in life, is their business and there is no moral judgment from me.

You on the other hand, have far to many issues to count.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 05:54
    It's a big wide world.

Why would anyone need to go to a MMA gym to walk?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Sep '16 15:50
    Originally posted by Startreader
    It's a big wide world.

quite a few do go to walk on the treadmills.

I would regularly go to the gym while at uni just to use the rowing machines even in the summer instead of going out onto the lake
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    29 Sep '16 03:45
    Originally posted by Startreader
    It's a big wide world.

Are MMA gyms different to normal gyms?
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    29 Sep '16 08:34
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Are MMA gyms different to normal gyms?
    i assume they are full of men wearing little clothing, that's why someone loves to visit.
  10. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    29 Sep '16 10:57
    Originally posted by roma45
    i assume they are full of men wearing little clothing, that's why someone loves to visit.
    Up our way they call it the village. Lots of village people go there flexing their muscles and poncing about

Let me guess Vespin old son. The leather dude or the construction worker.

Macho Macho man
  11. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    29 Sep '16 19:56
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    quite a few do go to walk on the treadmills.

I would regularly go to the gym while at uni just to use the rowing machines even in the summer instead of going out onto the lake
    Anyone who exercises knows about the treadmills. The comments I made were in response to someone else. I love walking and jogging. The mma gym has rowing machines that are great. But it depends on what people want.

I love the Jiu Jitsu classes, wrestling, Muay Thai Kickboxing, and all of it together is a lot of fun. I am to old to compete as an amateur now but I can still get in the cage and push myself for good cardio and great for aggression to.

But I can tell you understand due to your treadmill comments. They bring a lot of business in during the summer and winter months. Were you ever on a rowing team? 🙂
  12. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    29 Sep '16 20:04
    Up our way they call it the village. Lots of village people go there flexing their muscles and poncing about

Macho Macho man
    Is this your idea of contributing to the sports forum? lol You guys are so obsessed with men. There are other sites for that. Go have fun there.
  13. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    29 Sep '16 22:26

Macho Macho man
    Y.M.C.A ? the scantily dressed cage fighter must have missed the final cut.
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 01:06
    Is this your idea of contributing to the sports forum? lol You guys are so obsessed with men. There are other sites for that. Go have fun there.
    I do consider my comments to be contributing to this thread.

Down our way we eat those wannabe cage fighters for breakfast. When they come up against a real man they go all weak at the knees.

Any man who gets in a ring to touch and have a little wrestle with another man is either someone desperate for affection, or someone desperate for attention.

Which one are you old Vespin?

Hey.......Hey.......Hey hey hey hey..........Macho... Macho... man..........you want to be....
  15. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 03:06
    I do consider my comments to be contributing to this thread.

Down our way we eat those wannabe cage fighters for breakfast. When they come up against a real man they go all weak at the knees.

Any man who gets in a ring to touch and have a little wrestle with another man is either someone desperate for affection, or someone desperate for attenti ...[text shortened]...
    Hey.......Hey.......Hey hey hey hey..........Macho... Macho... man..........you want to be....
    okay. Now I understand you perfectly and you proved my point from my original thoughts. First, I know how highly intelligent you are. I also know you are very witty, and You have actually made me laugh a lot even when what you say is really wrong for this type of site.

That said.

You just proved you know NOTHING about mma, the fighters, and who they are. Nor do you have a clue about combat sports of any kind.

Which is fine. It is not for everyone. Do you have any mma gyms near you? By the way, it's not wrestling. It is every martial art you can think of. If you are in a fight, and you swing on someone, the odds on hitting anyone square is almost like the odds on winning the lottery. If anyone who has even a white belt knowledge of the sport had someone swing on them? We see that as a huge easy target, and can end a fight without ever throwing a punch. A wrestler as you say is great for take downs and controlling the top, but in Jui Jitsu you are trained to fight from the bottom and always against a much larger man. Which is why the weight and size of a guy in a fight does not matter in this day and age.

I will get you a link of a great fight in the heavy weight division for you, and even if your not a fan of the sport, or don't understand it yet, you will easily get it after watching two fights in particular. One is still watched to this day over 20 years later Radio.

The smaller guy at 167lbs and a Brazilian Black belt in Jui Jitsu, Royce Gracie, he fought Kimo who was a third degree World Champion black belt in Karate and was a K1 kick boxer, and also was a pure boxer as well. He was less then 3 percent body fat, solid muscle, and he weighed about 285lbs.

After 11 minutes, Royce locked in a arm bar and won the match. The other is more current and it is a five round war. Its against Cain Valesquez vs Junior Dos Santos and Cain put a beating on him like I have never seen before in my life. Your from Australia correct? You have had a few fighters come through. One was great to watch and just missed being champ. If you will watch them I will post it for you.

Now back to you adding to this forum. Which I don't think you have any intention of doing. And who uses the word Macho? Are you kidding me? lol lol

If you are that good, and you can do what you say, prove it. And a real man? Again are you kidding? lol lol Real men don't spend their time in forums as keyboard warriors. Plus they don't brag about who they are or what they do.

Name one post where I have ever bragged about anything I do, have done, or will do in the future. You cant.

I have maintained, and always said, I was a "Amateur" MMA fighter. I started to late and was out of my prime. But I do love the sport, I did compete, and trust me when I tell you, when that cage door shuts, everything you think you know about competing in a fight, your lucky if you remember half of it.

And now, although I am not old, I am old enough that I have to work at keeping in shape for health reasons. I had several months where I was really sick. So sick in fact, and much to your enjoyment, I was told I had an expiration date and I did not know how to tell my family. I got lucky, and very fortunate, and it turned out to be a granuloma.

In any case, I just love the sport, I have respect for all sports especially ones I cant do. I am impressed with anyone who can do great things at their chosen interests when I am so bad at those things in particular.

It takes the toughest of men, and the strongest of minds to take those kinds of beatings and to keep going in the cage or the boxing ring for that matter. But mma is far more practical. The average street fight lasts 90 seconds from the point of contact or engagement. And over 98% of those ALWAYS hit the ground. The average street fighter's IQ has gone up quite a bit and all due to mma/ufc.

If I thought you were a little interested, I would send you some clips. And if you understood the sport, or even though you don't, I am sure you would respect what they do.

And I think it is even funnier you know the words to the song. lol I'll look for the link to that song for you if you wish??? 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree