Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    07 Apr '12 17:49
    Title says it all. Cincinnati is so loaded that not even the carping, whining and complaining of a whodey can produce enough bad karma to derail this steamroller (is that a mixed metaphor?). By October, no1marauder inspired teams will have won the championships of two of the three major sports (Celtics ).
  2. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    07 Apr '12 18:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Title says it all. Cincinnati is so loaded that not even the carping, whining and complaining of a whodey can produce enough bad karma to derail this steamroller (is that a mixed metaphor?). By October, no1marauder inspired teams will have won the championships of two of the three major sports (Celtics ).
    $20.00 says the Reds don't win it. I am willing to make it more if you like.
  3. Standard member no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    07 Apr '12 18:53
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    $20.00 says the Reds don't win it. I am willing to make it more if you like.
    Vegas odds are 20 to 1. I'll put up a buck.
  4. 08 Apr '12 02:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Title says it all. Cincinnati is so loaded that not even the carping, whining and complaining of a whodey can produce enough bad karma to derail this steamroller (is that a mixed metaphor?). By October, no1marauder inspired teams will have won the championships of two of the three major sports (Celtics ).
    The Reds just got beat tonight by Miami. Every pitcher they threw out there, and there were many, gave up at least 2 runs or more.

    As for tomorrow, you get to look forward to Arroyo pitching.

    World Series? Pfft.
  5. 08 Apr '12 02:56
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Vegas odds are 20 to 1. I'll put up a buck.
    You may want to actually pay attention to those odds. Statistics simply don't lie.

    So why do you think the odds are stacked against you? Is your assessment better than those who make a living at such assessments?
  6. 08 Apr '12 02:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Reds just got beat tonight by Miami. Every pitcher they threw out there, and there were many, gave up at least 2 runs or more.

    As for tomorrow, you get to look forward to Arroyo pitching.

    World Series? Pfft.
    It's April.
  7. Standard member no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    08 Apr '12 03:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Reds just got beat tonight by Miami. Every pitcher they threw out there, and there were many, gave up at least 2 runs or more.

    As for tomorrow, you get to look forward to Arroyo pitching.

    World Series? Pfft.
    I see you waited for the game to be over to start with your pathetic negativity.

    I don't recall saying the Reds would go 162-0.

    I do look forward to seeing Bronson pitch tomorrow. I expect him to rebound strongly from his one bad year in a Red uniform in 2011.
  8. 08 Apr '12 03:17
    Originally posted by Trev33
    It's April.
    And next month is May.
  9. 08 Apr '12 03:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I see you waited for the game to be over to start with your pathetic negativity.

    I don't recall saying the Reds would go 162-0.

    I do look forward to seeing Bronson pitch tomorrow. I expect him to rebound strongly from his one bad year in a Red uniform in 2011.
    Rebound at the tail end of his career, eh?

    Ok then.

    Not only could Bronson never play for the Yankees, he could not even quality to be their water boy.
  10. Standard member no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    08 Apr '12 13:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    Rebound at the tail end of his career, eh?

    Ok then.

    Not only could Bronson never play for the Yankees, he could not even quality to be their water boy.
    Whatever, nitwit. From 2008-2010 he won 47 games. We'll see if his off year last year means he's through or not.
  11. 08 Apr '12 18:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Whatever, nitwit. From 2008-2010 he won 47 games. We'll see if his off year last year means he's through or not.
    You forgot to call the odds makers in Vegas nitwits as well.

    Things are more predictable than we like to admit I think.
  12. 08 Apr '12 22:31 / 1 edit
    Well no thanks to Arroyo the Reds win today.

    Kudos to the offense and bull pen.
  13. Standard member no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    09 Apr '12 15:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well no thanks to Arroyo the Reds win today.

    Kudos to the offense and bull pen.
    Dusty stuck with him too long; through 6 he had allowed only 2 runs, 1 of them earned. He did his job and kept them in the game; he should have been pulled after, at most, the second batter in the 7th when Miami put up a lefty PH. Still all's well that ends well.
  14. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    09 Apr '12 20:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Vegas odds are 20 to 1. I'll put up a buck.
    So, after your prediction, now you want odds too?

    Not much conviction there.

    Oh well, gave you the chance.
  15. Standard member no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    09 Apr '12 20:19
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    So, after your prediction, now you want odds too?

    Not much conviction there.

    Oh well, gave you the chance.
    I figured you wouldn't have the guts to offer a fair wager.