1. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 09:26
    Another really good night of fights. With so many fighters on the roster now it is hard to know who is who at times. But there was no mistaking who was fighting on this night. Another really good card for "free" fight night. Here is a link to give you details if you missed it. It looks like for those who follow the sport, the UK fans should be very proud of Michael Bisping and what he has accomplished.

Bisping now with the belt, is looking to even the score with long time veteran Dan Henderson who Knocked Bisping out cold with a huge over hand right that put Bisping out to the point his toes were curled up and backwards and he was as stiff as a board. Instead of circling away from his power hand he moved into it. And that cost him in the first fight.

I don't think that will be the case in the second. But those counting Henderson out due to his age would be wrong to do so. Bisping historically has had trouble with high level wrestlers, and Henderson is an Olympic world class wrestler with knockout power in both hands.

For the woman, Nunes is calling out Rhonda Rousey. I don't see Rhonda beating anyone in the top three right now. You have Nunes the champ, then Pena, the woman from Poland who is amazing, Holly Holm, and Tate who I think all can now beat Rhonda. Tate is a different fighter now, and was able to pull off the upset against Holm when she was down all four rounds going into the fifth when she was able to take Holly's back and sink in the choke.

Nunes brings everything into the cage. She can hit with both hands, black belt in Jits, Muay Thai is strong, and has a good power double. Rhonda can not compete with this woman. However, the other woman I mentioned can. Tate got caught early and her nose was broke. She continued for a while, but you cant go far when your nose is shattered.

Connor and Nate will be coming up soon as I am sure this fight will go much further but unfortunately I believe with the same result. Nate is just to big, and far to much experience, and most importantly, he has a world class ground game. You cant be champ without a ground game such as Jits. Not for long anyway.

Some great fights coming up. For those who don't know, Jones will be out for at least two years, and I would not be surprised if his career is done along with his legacy now. I wish he had better advisers around him. His brother who is in the NFL was also accused of using PED's and it may appear big brother was not watching out for his little brother John.

Brock Lesner also tested for PED's and he is certainly done for good. Jones at least has a shot in two years to come back. But he will never dominate again.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/ufc-fight-night-92-results-yair-rodriguez-tops-alex-caceres-by-split-decision-in-hollywood-style-brawl
  2. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 19:19
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    Another really good night of fights. With so many fighters on the roster now it is hard to know who is who at times. But there was no mistaking who was fighting on this night. Another really good card for "free" fight night. Here is a link to give you details if you missed it. It looks like for those who follow the sport, the UK fans should be very proud of ...[text shortened]... ght-night-92-results-yair-rodriguez-tops-alex-caceres-by-split-decision-in-hollywood-style-brawl
    Bisping is a disrespectful homophobe. But he is an honest fighter who regularly slams those who cheat with PEDs.

Hendo is always being counted out due to his age but if you saw his fight with Tim Boetsch, his right hand, aka the "H-Bomb", can still knock anyone out if he lands it.

Rousey can make a successful comeback I believe. She has to regain that mental toughness to do that though.

I don't know why McGregor is fighting at 170 again. That's 35 lbs higher than his regular fighting weight. Too much pride I guess. McGregor looked like he ran out of gas against Diaz. That plus his punches don't have the same effect against welterweights as it did against featherweights. I'll be rooting for him but I wouldn't bet on it.

Jones is an idiot. He was already the best ever and he decided to cheat and get even better? Maybe he was afraid of Cormier...or Anthony Johnson. I saw Johnson KO Andre Arlovski in the World Series of Fighting. Johnson may be the hardest hitter in the UFC right now which is scary considering he once fought as a welterweight.
  3. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 21:561 edit
    Originally posted by blunderdog
    Bisping is a disrespectful homophobe. But he is an honest fighter who regularly slams those who cheat with PEDs.

Hendo is always being counted out due to his age but if you saw his fight with Tim Boetsch, his right hand, aka the "H-Bomb", can still knock anyone out if he lands it.

Rousey can make a successful comeback I believe. She has to regain ...[text shortened]... hardest hitter in the UFC right now which is scary considering he once fought as a welterweight.
    I agree with all you said except Bisping being hateful towards people who are gay. I have never heard any such comments from him. If I had? I would never hope for him to win. And I agree with your post. It was excellent. People still count the H bomb out, and they are stupid for doing so. I think Johnson is the strongest, but I am not sure about him hitting the hardest. But It's possible.

Connor has nothing to lose by fighting at welter weight and will get a huge pay day for it. Then he will go back down to featherweight. I do think he will make the fight last much longer. I also think he punched himself out and had a huge adrenaline dump which caused him to exhaust himself. He could no longer hold his hands up to defend himself, which is why he went for a silly take down. Once I saw that I knew it was over.

Plus Nate can take those punches all day long. Although to Connor's credit he did rock Nate once but did not follow up on him after.

Jones can never be considered the best now. Think about the Gus fight? Evans fight? DC fight? These fights went the distance and many think Gus won that fight. DC also had success against him but did not pull the trigger enough. Evans also had some success and rocked Jones a few times but again, he did not pull the trigger.

How do we know Jones was not on PED's then? And if he was? Gus would have destroyed him and finished him in that final round if Jones was taking PED's, and then decided not to take them for that fight, or the DC fight, or the Evans fight.

His legacy is now destroyed and nobody will ever know how long he was on them. I think the layoff was to much for him. I saw him go from skinny to ripped and huge from power lifting when nobody was testing him while he was out.

Then in his last fight he looked horrible. I don't think he trained that hard, plus I think he was taking PED'S then but did not get caught. This time he did. And I would say he knew DC was going to kick his ass especially in a fair fight where DC has been active and Jones has not. And on top of that, Jones was not training that hard while he was partying during those fights. Which is where the doping comes in. That is what gave him the extra cardio he needed and more in those final rounds.

Rhonda can fight again. But she will Never get that belt. That is done for her. Just my opinion, and I am sure we will have a good laugh when she comes back and see if I am wrong in saying it. lol But there are just to many fighters now in that division unlike when she crumbled after losing once and going nuts. You cant be weak and do this sport. She was never a real fighter in my opinion. She runs when she gets hit instead of staying in the pocket or taking her head off of the center line and looking for counters.

Nunes will kill her on her feet and submit her on the ground. And that is just Nunes. Holly knocked her out cold and would do it again if they fight a second time. Styles make fights, and Holly is a "real" fighter. She just needs a bit more work.

And I like Bisping because he has been at this for over a decade now and has never taken PED's and like you said, he has always spoken out about it. And I also agree that Connor will come up short. But It would be great if he won, then a rubber match.

Great post on your part. Nice to see MMA fans posting. Do you think GSP will be fighting again? And do you think he will be the same fighter?

I really hope your wrong about Bisping and his views. He works for Fox Sports 1. If he came out with that view? They would never allow him to announce or commentate. They would have fired him. So it is hard for me to believe. Fighting Hendo will not be any easier this time around.
  4. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 22:083 edits
    I agree with all you said except Bisping being hateful towards people who are gay. I have never heard any such comments from him. If I had? I would never hope for him to win. And I agree with your post. It was excellent. People still count the H bomb out, and they are stupid for doing so. I think Johnson is the strongest, but I am not sure about him hitting ...[text shortened]... ed him. So it is hard for me to believe. Fighting Hendo will not be any easier this time around.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jun/05/michael-bisping-luke-rockhold-ufc-homophobic-comments

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/8/20/2374013/michael-bisping-reacts-to-mayhem-miller-getting-arrested-thats-gay

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2644455-michael-bispings-tired-homophobia-just-the-latest-in-mmas-culture-problem
  5. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 00:12
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jun/05/michael-bisping-luke-rockhold-ufc-homophobic-comments

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/8/20/2374013/michael-bisping-reacts-to-mayhem-miller-getting-arrested-thats-gay

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2644455-michael-bispings-tired-homophobia-just-the-latest-in-mmas-culture-problem
    Two of them I didn't see, the one I did. Although I do not like it, or think it is okay even for a second, most of Bisping's language is just profanity. And you can name half the roster that does that. And the slurs he used while I don't agree with them, they were not used in my opinion in a way where he meant what was said. It was used to just provoke the people he used these words against. If you go into the clan forum, you will see so much worse in here. So much so people get ten day or two week bans for saying things like that.

I don't excuse it. I wish he would use other words but he is not the sharpest tool in the bunch and most likely does not know to many.

I read the bleacher report daily/weekly and sometimes i don't read some articles if I see it is name calling.

But it is hard to argue when he talks like an idiot. But I still find it hard to believe he really has a problem with anyone. I think he says anything he can, no matter how bad it is, with almost no filter, and just yells it out.

If he actually comes out publicly and states he is against it? And some morons actually do!!!! If he does that then I would never watch him again. These are slurs, but mostly designed to irritate the opponents.

I could be very wrong here. I am hoping I am not. I still think if he really was like that for real? Fox would fire him and fast. It's not good any way you look at it. Good links.
  6. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 06:382 edits
    Two of them I didn't see, the one I did. Although I do not like it, or think it is okay even for a second, most of Bisping's language is just profanity. And you can name half the roster that does that. And the slurs he used while I don't agree with them, they were not used in my opinion in a way where he meant what was said. It was used to just provoke the ...[text shortened]... that for real? Fox would fire him and fast. It's not good any way you look at it. Good links.
    You know we're talking about FOX, right? That's all I really need to say about that!

"Just profanity"? What if Bisping called a black fighter the 'N' word? Or what if Justin Gaethje had called Nick Newell a "cripple"? Newell, as you probably know, is missing part of his left arm. Would you minimize or defend him by calling it provocation? Bisping called Rockhold a "F----t" AFTER the fight. How is that provocation?

I'm not sure what other people say in the forums has anything to do with this. Are you saying they shouldn't have been banned as long as you saw it as provoking? Are you suggesting using slurs "to provoke" is somehow less offensive?

Sounds like you're minimizing and defending Bisping for reasons that maybe you should look deeply into yourself for.
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 09:58
    You know we're talking about FOX, right? That's all I really need to say about that!

"Just profanity"? What if Bisping called a black fighter the 'N' word? Or what if Justin Gaethje had called Nick Newell a "cripple"? Newell, as you probably know, is missing part of his left arm. Would you minimize or defend him by calling it provocation? Bisping call ...[text shortened]... inimizing and defending Bisping for reasons that maybe you should look deeply into yourself for.
    No not at all. I just know he is not the only one. As for the forums? It goes to my point that I see that same word in here and nothing happens. I think people say things in the heat of the moment to get rise out of the opponent, or in your case or my case the fans. It gets people talking and therefore interested in the fighter. Even if it is to watch that person lose because we now hate him for his use of vulgar language.

I have never used that word personally and it is offensive. But I do know he runs his mouth a lot, and although I disagree with it, I don't believe in his heart he actually means it. But that is just an opinion.

I know they crack down a quite a bit now. And he would have to make it so it was a chronic problem or issue for them to believe he really felt that way. Personally? I never liked him. I only suggested he deserves the belt as he has worked hard for it.

As for some of his disgusting comments? He should of been fined and suspended for a period of time. Reebok sponsors them and the fighters use their uniforms. I don't know why they also did not fine him or put pressure on the UFC to punish him.

So it makes me ask the question, does he really feel that way? Everyone says things they don't mean at some point or another. I would be more interested if his heart is really hateful or if it was way to sell tickets.

In either case I don't agree with it and nor do I like it. But I just watch the fights and that is where I leave it. It is up to the organization to do something about it. And I believe they should. Certain words should never ever be used.

But since I have no control over that, I just write about the fights and what I thought. The rest I leave up to the people who can actually change it. I just want to watch for entertainment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree