1. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 23:10
    Usain Bolt wins his third Gold Medal, the first in history to do it three times straight in the Olympics, and he will be turning 30 soon.

I still believe in his first Olympics if he had not slowed up, his personal best and world record would be even faster.

There will be nobody in this lifetime, or many to come, who will come close to what he has done. Amazing to say I was able to see him while I was alive. Gatlin from the USA gave a great performance but could not hold on. Bolt did his Country proud, and gave everyone a once in a lifetime look at history being made. 🙂
  2. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    20 Aug '16 17:13
    In the 1950's, Wilt Chamberlain was a 7-foot tall High School athlete who set a number of Kansas state records, from high jump to shot put to running events. Usain Bolt's height and success will probably attract other tall athletes to the sprints, and somewhere there could come a 6'8" phenom who will break one of his records.
  3. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    22 Aug '16 08:06
    Originally posted by John Osmar
    In the 1950's, Wilt Chamberlain was a 7-foot tall High School athlete who set a number of Kansas state records, from high jump to shot put to running events. Usain Bolt's height and success will probably attract other tall athletes to the sprints, and somewhere there could come a 6'8" phenom who will break one of his records.
    Your spot on. Great story and facts. Historically, really tall men are not the fastest. Sure you get over six feet, but never basketball height. But anything is possible.It would take a freak of nature like you mentioned to come along to break the records Bolt set.

I think Bold in the first Olympics if he had not slowed up at the end, might have broke nine seconds. I was a runner, and coached myself. I love the sport. But your right. It will or should inspire really tall athletic men to take to track. :🙂
  4. e4
    Moves
    24 Aug '16 06:15
    His sport lasts 10 seconds....10 seconds...his lap of honour took 5 minutes.

What kind of cretin pays money to watch a sport that lasts 10 seconds.

Sport should be played with a ball (or chess pieces) everything else is nonsense.

Diving...they are in the air for 2 seconds......stupid.

Shooting...the bullet leaves the barrel and hits the target in less than a second.
    You cannot even see the bullet.....

Cycling. Cycling is a hobby.
    These people wear silly hats and go round and round in circles,
    That is what clowns at the circus clowns do.

Sailing. How can that be a sport? No wind no race.

Swimming. Swimming is something you do to keep you alive
    should ever fall or get pushed into the canal...how that can that be a sport?

The Olympics.
    This whole flag-waving, anthem playing carnival should be scrapped.
    It's a waste of money and TV time (and a con, the gold medals are not even real gold.)
  5. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 03:561 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    His sport lasts 10 seconds....10 seconds...his lap of honour took 5 minutes.

What kind of cretin pays money to watch a sport that lasts 10 seconds.

Sport should be played with a ball (or chess pieces) everything else is nonsense.

Diving...they are in the air for 2 seconds......stupid.

Shooting...the bullet leaves the barrel and hits the targe ...[text shortened]... crapped.
    It's a waste of money and TV time (and a con, the gold medals are not even real gold.)
    That is such a shame you cant see the beauty in any of that. In Europe Cycling is as big as Soccer, or what Americans call soccer. Cycling is something I did, and raced against professionals. When you see it on tv it looks easy. Go to your local bike shop, and go for a ride with the local club on a Monday or Friday. Two of the easy days for the week. They do about fifty miles. See if you can stay with them for one mile.

Bolt just became the fastest man on the planet for the third Olympics in a row, which has never been done before in the history of the Olympics. At his age, although young, it actually older for his event. And since his country loves him, and his country does not win many medals, I think we can cut him some slack on the five minute waving to people who all love him no matter what country they were from. Plus, this was the last time they will see him competing. And it was not ten seconds, he has come the closest to breaking 9 seconds, the first HUMAN to ever come as close as he has.

I love the UFC, which is Mixed Martial Arts. I did it as an amateur. So when you are talking about a "mans" sport? Why not talk wrestling or boxing, and now Jui Jitsu will be added. Contact sports.

I respect your opinion. Everyone has a right to theirs.

But I find it so sad you cant see the beauty in what they have spent their lives perfecting, and they are the best in the world at it.

Is there anyone on this site that can say they are the best in the world at anything? Or how about top three?

I think all people, those who are kind anyway, should be respected. These athletes represented their countries with honor.

I for one, am proud of all of them.

But I do respect your opinion.
  6. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 03:591 edit
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    That is such a shame you cant see the beauty in any of that. In Europe Cycling is as big as Soccer, or what Americans call soccer. Cycling is something I did, and raced against professionals. When you see it on tv it looks easy. Go to your local bike shop, and go for a ride with the local club on a Monday or Friday. Two of the easy days for the week. They do ...[text shortened]... countries with honor.

I for one, am proud of all of them.

But I do respect your opinion.
  7. e4
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 23:51
    Hi Vespin,

Just having a joke rant.
    Ex-middle distance runner and still have the medals/trophies to prove it.
    (they are not real gold either.)
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 01:56
    Hi Vespin,

Just having a joke rant.
    Ex-middle distance runner and still have the medals/trophies to prove it.
    (they are not real gold either.)
    lol lol okay. Now i can laugh. Because even my sports, I can make fun of. I love comedians and when they make fun of all kinds of stuff. And what you wrote now that i know you were kidding? It is actually really funny. If you think about it? Five minutes or more for ten seconds? Diving? I give points for guts. I cant jump off anything that high. lol I am so glad you were joking, because now I read it again, and now I am LMAO ...... lol I was a middle distance runner to, but always did cross country as I think it goes hand in hand with Track. I was a sub 4:20 miler, at 15 years old, and I ran 1:53 for 800m. However, I developed a heart condition they could not identify until years later, and my career in running, was sadly over.

I think it hurt my had more then me. But wonderful memories.

Now..... what do you think of MMA??? lol lol You can have a go at it if you like. You really made me laugh now. So it is great to know you have a wonderful sense of humor. 🙂
  9. e4
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 05:19
    Hi VESPIN,

Don't know about a wonderful sense of humour...maybe a cynical sense of humour.
    I think we all develop this with old age and can get away with it.

A grumpy old man who makes jokes...that's me.
  10. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 06:28
    Hi VESPIN,

Don't know about a wonderful sense of humour...maybe a cynical sense of humour.
    I think we all develop this with old age and can get away with it.

A grumpy old man who makes jokes...that's me.
    That is good enough for me partner. lol lol I am now a fan of your humor. I read it again, and laughed for five minutes straight. I think you are funny. And a cynical sense of humor is great just like David Letterman's dry sense of humor when he was on tv.

I'm glad you followed the Olympics. Do you happen to know if Usain Bolt won the 200m race? I did not see it. Thank you for not being hard on me. I am grateful for it. 🙂
  11. e4
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 23:07
    Hi Vespin,

I recorded the race on my video recorder and run it backwards.

Usain Bolt came last!
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 20:17
    Hi Vespin,

Usain Bolt came last!
    Should have been a tie, even though he gave them a head start. :
  13. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    31 Aug '16 01:15
    Hi Vespin,

Usain Bolt came last!
    lol lol when he ran last, do you know what time he started out at on the official clocks? lol 🙂 All the forums need your humor. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree