Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Announcements

Announcements

  1. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    30 Jun '14 11:16
    玩在线国际象棋
    ऑनलाइन शतरंज खेलने
    オンラインチェスをプレイ
    Παίξτε online σκάκι

    (Example text : Simplified Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Greek - "Play Online Chess" if Google translate if to be believed)

    The main purpose of the recent work was to finally properly support user created content in any language on all parts of the site. (Game notes, game messages, forums...etc.)

    So, all you non-Latin alphabet users can now communicate in your own character set.

    Right now there is no intention to translate the UI, but it would be possible if there was sufficient demand to do this wiki style (users translate).
  2. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    03 Jul '14 09:47
    Originally posted by Russ
    玩在线国际象棋
    ऑनलाइन शतरंज खेलने
    オンラインチェスをプレイ
    Παίξτε online σκάκι

    (Example text : Simplified Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Greek - "Play Online Chess" if Google translate if to be believed)

    The main purpose of the recent work was to finally properly support user created content in any language on all parts of the site. (Game notes, game messages, forums...etc ...[text shortened]... but it would be possible if there was sufficient demand to do this wiki style (users translate).
    Very cool! Good work.
  3. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    08 Jul '14 22:04
    Maybe you should open a few special language forums..?
  4. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    12 Jul '14 03:03
    Or better still, why not do an entire new version of RHP and launch it in china? You have the tech, just set up a mirror in china somewhere...They play chess too. You could be the first truly bilingual chess site on the net! You just need a native speaker to make sure you're not swearing and you're away.
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    16 Jul '14 15:08
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Or better still, why not do an entire new version of RHP and launch it in china? You have the tech, just set up a mirror in china somewhere...They play chess too. You could be the first truly bilingual chess site on the net! You just need a native speaker to make sure you're not swearing and you're away.
    That would be a challenge, would the great firewall of China allow RHP? And could we muddle through with Google Translate? (It would certainly be interesting)

    But a service targeted at India or China would be a good idea long term. Might happen, one day.

    Right now though, there is a substantial amount of work to do here before considering any further distractions.
  6. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    16 Jul '14 15:28
    Originally posted by Russ
    That would be a challenge, would the great firewall of China allow RHP? And could we muddle through with Google Translate? (It would certainly be interesting)

    But a service targeted at India or China would be a good idea long term. Might happen, one day.

    Right now though, there is a substantial amount of work to do here before considering any further distractions.
    Have you considered making RHP an open source project? I'm not sure if you've seen this site ( www.lichess.org ) but i think you'd be impressed with the speed with which it develops. If you did manage to get an open source community, you could easily branch out to anywhere in the World... Worth a thought.