1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 03:291 edit
    Apologies for the downtime over the last approx 30 hours - longer than expected.

Our second server move in a month is now complete.

Timebanks have been corrected (a little more accurately this time around), and timeouts have been suspended until Tuesday AM GMT.

The benefits of the relocation are apparent already, I for one am receiving email from a previously broken email address.

Apologies if the lack of a maintenance page caused concern, this is the first time we have purposefully pulled the plug like this, and we will do all we can to avoid doing it again in the future during any large scale maintenance.

-Russ

[So where are we now?, Well, it didn’t work out in Dallas, so we came back to our previous home, Virginia, for another year at least.]
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 04:48
    Woohoo! That was one Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong night shift! 😲
  3. Leeds, England
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 08:19
    Good to have RHP back, part of my life now
  4. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 11:10
    Originally posted by johnnybike
    Good to have RHP back, part of my life now
    Good to have my life back, part of RHP now....
  5. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33Β°36'S 26Β°53'E
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 11:31
    Sure, you've halted timeouts, BUT...

I've had huge chunks of my timebanks disappear in games in which it was my turn to move. Surely, the timebanks would gave stayed staic during the downtime?

I'm going on holiday soon, and I was relying on having those timebanks.

I want them back!

6. Standard memberKingH
    Tha KingH
    front of the board
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 12:00
    yeah it was long... let´s hope the site remains as cool as ever... I joined today as subscriber...
    Game on!
    KingHπŸ˜€
  7. UK
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 13:53
    It's quite amazing really that, even when the site disappears for such a short time, it can cause a reaction. I had a few people comment on an old entry of mine in my website wondering where the red hot pawn site had vanished too.

Mind you I suppose that since I work in fields connected to the internet I am not that surprised even if I see no response from a website, whereas some folk are.
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 23:13
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher

I've had huge chunks of my timebanks disappear in games in which it was my turn to move. Surely, the timebanks would gave stayed staic during the downtime?

I want them back!

Yep, me too :'(
  9. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 02:28
    I've noticed the website is much faster now and I'm not getting those message "PAGE NOT FOUND"!
    πŸ™‚
  10. London
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 00:03
    Originally posted by arrakis
    I've noticed the website is much faster now and I'm not getting those message "PAGE NOT FOUND"!
    πŸ™‚
    Yep, my connection (using dial up) is faster that it's ever been before.
  11. Joined
    17 Nov '04
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 14:50
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher

I want them back!

I've lost big chunks too! All of a sudden I am down to less than one day and I'll be disappearing for a couple days soon!
  12. omnipresent
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 15:58
    why are the timeouts still not working? I have been waiting for 42 days(!) (21 day timeout+21 day timebank) to time out a really high rated player... and now it says "timeouts suspended until 1st of March" . Today is the 1st of March πŸ™ Pleeeeease, my fingers are itchng to click that button.... ahhhh!
  13. Standard memberFat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    Up from mainstream
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 23:37
    Phew! I had just returned from a brief absence from the site this previous Saturday, to find that it was not there! After nearly an hour of fruitless trying, I gave up. Thank goodness it is back though, I am finally able to make some moves again...Now if only you could find a way to moving my blunders to Virginia with the Servers.

-Fatty
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 09:35
    Only a small number of people have reported problems since the move, so I am happy that it was worth the effort. Thanks all.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree