Voting

SubscriberRuss
Announcements 16 Dec '04 12:04
  1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Dec '04 12:04
    A further upgrade was released to the site today which consisted of some minor bug fixes and enhancements. And the first steps towards game mods, although nothing useful is available yet. But most significantly, voting, as a tool for administrators only, has been added to the site. I often need to gauge people’s feelings, or field for opinions on ideas, and using forum threads just wasn’t effective.

So, in future, I will continue to create consultation threads in the appropriate forums, but I will also use the voting functionally to get a more accurate picture of opinion.

I will create a few light-hearted votes today, to help with familiarity, but I will also be creating a couple of consultation votes regarding game mods. Your input to these will be greatly appreciated.

Oh, another enhancements that I have been pestered about too many times, was the inclusion of smileys in personal messages. This is now supported. In fact, all the standard forum formatting will work in PMs now, including game id links.

-Russ
  2. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    16 Dec '04 12:431 edit
    So where`s the vote? 😉

Don`t worry, i`ve found it ....good work Russ.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Dec '04 12:51
    Originally posted by Russ
    But most significantly, voting, as a tool for administrators only, has been added to the site.
    Is creating the votes always going to be only the domain of the admins, or are u planning on opening it up to us at some stage as well?

D
  4. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    16 Dec '04 13:05
    should not the vote result have averages at the RHS, rather than totals?
  5. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    16 Dec '04 13:57
    Excellent 😀.
  6. Zeist, Holland
    Moves
    16 Dec '04 14:51
    It might be an idea to be linked directly to the results after voting. I want to see them anyway, and now I have to click extra.
  7. London
    Moves
    16 Dec '04 19:38
    also it might be an idea to show an average vote for each one so we know exatly how high or low people are voting.

fred
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    17 Dec '04 03:28
    Originally posted by Russ
    A further upgrade was released to the site today which consisted of some minor bug fixes and enhancements. And the first steps towards game mods, although nothing useful is available yet. But most significantly, voting, as a tool for administrators only, has been added to the site. I often need to gauge people’s feelings, or field for opinions on ideas, and ...[text shortened]... fact, all the standard forum formatting will work in PMs now, including game id links.

-Russ
    Ahem:

SWEET!

Thanks, Russ.

Nemesio

P.S., Would it be difficult to add percentages in addition to the raw
    figures?
  9. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    17 Dec '04 08:15
    It's very cool! I like it 🙂
    Why didn't you post a link to http://www.timeforchess.com/vote/index.php ?
    The star-wars question shows some problems: what if I don't know one of the movies (how can I abstain?). And with the results I miss something like "movie one's avaerage rating is 5,7"
    th
  10. Joined
    07 Jul '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 14:29
    At last! We have a voting feature! 🙄
  11. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 20:09
    Where?! 😕
  12. Joined
    06 Feb '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 20:52
    Originally posted by Exy
    Where?! 😕
    Community above.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree