Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clubs Public

Clubs Public

1. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    31 Oct '09 18:24
    Lots of talk about the need for banded tournaments over in the tournaments forum. (Thread 117769) Maybe some club owners want to set some up in clubs? Might be a need there for a whole new club, in fact.

Of course it would be better if club owners could created banded tournies...but club owners willing to moderate their tournaments themselves could still do it..
  2. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    01 Nov '09 19:32
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    Lots of talk about the need for banded tournaments over in the tournaments forum. (Thread 117769) Maybe some club owners want to set some up in clubs? Might be a need there for a whole new club, in fact.

Of course it would be better if club owners could created banded tournies...but club owners willing to moderate their tournaments themselves could still do it..
    Is this an ad for your club? Out with it, man!
  3. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    05 Nov '09 04:38
    Nope, it's not. I don't do banded tournies in my club of the sort discussed in thread. My post here is too encourage other club owners to give it a try, and also a(nother) quiet suggestion that the site allow club owners to make "real" banded tournies in their clubs--not ones where we have to monitor the entrants to see to it that the banding is adhered to.

And OK...in my club Club 171 ww have banded tournies for non-subscribers in the forums, but I think I've advertised my club enough!
  4. Standard member barstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    20 Nov '09 00:51

I agree...banded club tournaments
  5. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    20 Nov '09 11:15
    This ought to be in Site Ideas where all the club leaders could rec it.
  6. Standard member GalaKev
    Borderer
    20 Nov '09 22:58

This gets my vote. I for one is a tad fed up of organising a <1400 torno, for someone 1600+ to enter.

rec'd post