Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clubs Public

Clubs Public

1. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    17 Jul '13 18:35
    "Camelot Oasis in Space" (Opening As Planned on Tuesday, July 23, 2013)

If you're interested, and already enjoy posting in Red Hot Pawn Public Forums, you're invited to join our new private club forum. Great Big Stees, coquette, ale1552, ChessPraxis, drewnogal, johnnylongwoody, Phranny, josephw, vandervelde, Westside Mobster, robbie carrobie, checkbaiter, empovsun, kiki46, Frank Burns, divegeester, HandyAndy and lolof have already expressed interest. Total of eighteen (18) from July 6 to 17, 2013, plus one of ale1552's friends.

Our Only Goal: To offer the spirit of a relaxed environment for the benefit of all member's comfort and enjoyment (a casual forum where new and old friends gather to swap a few thoughts and laughs at no one else's expense). Regards, gb
  2. 18 Jul '13 09:04
    Tygert
  3. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    19 Jul '13 13:35 / 1 edit
    Note: There are a few comments on our private club's name
    in carjam's "Clan Logo" thread in the Help Forum.
  4. 23 Jul '13 02:37
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Camelot Oasis in Space" (Opening As Planned on Tuesday, July 23, 2013)

If you're interested, and already enjoy posting in Red Hot Pawn Public Forums, you're invited to join our new private club forum. Great Big Stees, coquette, ale1552, ChessPraxis, drewnogal, johnnylongwoody, Phranny, josephw, vandervelde, Westside Mobster, robbie carrobie ...[text shortened]... d friends gather to swap a few thoughts and laughs at no one else's expense). Regards, gb[/b]
    Excellent idea. Thanks... Will be a welcome refuge on those sleepless nights in the wilds of the Midwest.
  5. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    23 Jul '13 04:01
    Originally posted by Phranny

Excellent idea. Thanks... Will be a welcome refuge on those sleepless nights in the wilds of the Midwest.
    Thanks, Phranny. Invite's been sent.
    You've got mail!

P.S. Lived in Illinois for several years,
    several decades ago.
  6. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    22 Aug '13 01:08
    * Message broadcast from Club 344 *

We're One Month Old Today (July 23 to August 21, 2013)

As of Day Thirty, "Camelot Oasis in Space" Members Total: 32;
    Club Games: 23; Threads: 42; Total Posts: 879 (29.3/day).

My thanks to each of you for your contributions and good will.
    -Bob
  7. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    25 Aug '13 09:51
    "News Flash"

"Day #33 (July 23 to August 24, 2013) Camelot Oasis in Space private club forum recorded its post one thousand (1,000), averaging 30.3 posts per day. NoEarthlyReason's "Antiquirms in enteropleisiological ventrospace" thread took the honours!"
  8. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    11 Sep '13 03:42 / 1 edit
    Private Forum Status Day#50 Threads: 61 with 1,641 Posts (averaging 32.8/day) and 32 Club Games.
  9. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    19 Sep '13 02:28
    RHP Private Clubs all have differences in format and criteria for accepting new members. Many, undoubtedly, scrutinize closely. Camelot Oasis in Space welcomed its first members on July 23, 2013, with an Open Door Policy which remains in effect. Some will stay and bring friends; others will leave. Hospitality and benefit of doubt are extended to all. Club 344
  10. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    20 Sep '13 14:34
    * Message broadcast from Club 344 * (#11)

We're Two Months Old Today (July 23 to September 20, 2013)

As of Day Sixty, "Camelot Oasis in Space" Membership Total: 29;
    Club Games: 37; Threads: 64; Total Posts: 1,802 (30.0/day on avg).
    Thanks for your friendliness and helpful spirit toward new members;
    and for your creative contributions to our private, global forum. -Bob
  11. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    28 Sep '13 23:00

Our Private Club Forum Recorded Two Thousand Posts Today
    (July 23 to September 28, 2013)

As of Day #68, "Camelot Oasis in Space" Membership Total: 29;
    Club Games: 41; Threads: 66; Total Posts: 2,001 (29.4/day on avg).
    Thanks for being part of our successful club games and global forum.
    -Bob
  12. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    11 Oct '13 07:17

Status: 80 Days and 80 Nights at Camelot Oasis in Space (July 23 to October 10, 2013)

As of Day #80, "Camelot Oasis in Space" Membership Total: 29; Club Games: 46; Threads: 76; Total Posts: 2,275 (28.4/day on average). To each of the faithful members who have been primarily responsible for our private club's short term success profile, please accept my appreciation and gratitude. You're among the salt of the earth on the internet. Would everyone please give some thought to actions we may take to increase our membership before the 2013 Yearend Holidays become the dominant priority for all of us and our families. Kindly post them to our "Round Table Suggestion Box" thread. Thanks for being here during the Past 80 Days and Nights. I value my friendship with each of you. -Bob
  13. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    15 Oct '13 09:16 / 1 edit
    I found it took you a long time to act on

Thread 123959
  14. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    20 Oct '13 13:32
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I found it took you a long time to act on

Thread 123959
    Hi, Ponderable. What a fond memory from January, 2010; five pages worth of jest and banter over an unserious suggestion made by a mutual friend. At the time my primary interest was chess, until December when I became paralyzed; return to Red Hot Pawn thankfully happened but not until sixteen months later in April of 2012. Thanks for your friendly initiative in finding this archived heirloom thread (with posts by many site members who have disappeared) and posting it here. -Bob
  15. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    20 Oct '13 13:38
    * Message broadcast from Club 344 * (#14)

Status: 90 Days at Camelot Oasis in Space (July 23 to October 20, 2013)

As of Day Ninety, "Camelot Oasis in Space" Membership: 30; Club Games: 52; Threads: 84; Total Posts: 2,471 (27.6/day on average). Our private club's short term success profile also indicates that Pareto’s Curve is alive and well at Camelot Oasis in Space: approximately thirty plus percent of its members have been responsible for seventy plus percent of the work and play. On behalf of all thirty members, I thank each of you for your creativity, loyalty and good will. To those who have been unable to become active yet, I’d ask that you please consider leaving your footprints around our oasis with an interest generating thread or few posts next time you’re nearby or in town. Last thing we wish for is a shortened presence on the Red Hot Pawn Scene as was the case with another Camelot fifty years ago in the USA.

The Camelot Climate Index: "The term Camelot was also applied to the short, storied White House reign of the Kennedys, America's political "royalty," from 1961-63. ”Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment that was known as Camelot. The crown has made it clear: The climate must be perfect all the year. By law, June, July and August could not be too hot. There was a legal limit to the snow. And rain could never fall until after sunset. The winter is forbidden till December And exits March the second on the dot. By order, summer lingers through September In Camelot." --Alan Jay Lerner