Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clubs Public

Clubs Public

1. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    31 Jan '16 13:20
    It appears that if you're in a club with less than ten members none of the games you play against other members are counted for statistics within the club. Do I have that right?

They only count as regular games at rhp even though they're between two club members? I wonder why club game statistics cannot be calculated before there are ten members? Why would that make any difference?

You also cannot create an open invite within the club until there are ten members. That doesn't make sense either.

These are things I am wondering about so thought I would ask here. If I have missed something or do not have the correct understanding of how this works within the clubs please jump in and provide the correct information!
  2. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    31 Jan '16 19:27
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    It appears that if you're in a club with less than ten members none of the games you play against other members are counted for statistics within the club. Do I have that right?

They only count as regular games at rhp even though they're between two club members? I wonder why club game statistics cannot be calculated before there are ten members? Why ...[text shortened]... rstanding of how this works within the clubs please jump in and provide the correct information!
    Although anyone can join a club, only subscribers can create one. If you do create a club, please remember that only clubs with at least 10 members will have an active club rating.
    This is the rule quoted as I'm sure you know.
    You'd have to query the wisdom of it and reason for it with Russ, but I suspect it's to stop people creating clubs just for the hell of it with little chance of activity.
  3. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    31 Jan '16 20:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by venda
    [b]Although anyone can join a club, only subscribers can create one. If you do create a club, please remember that only clubs with at least 10 members will have an active club rating.
    This is the rule quoted as I'm sure you know.
    You'd have to query the wisdom of it and reason for it with Russ, but I suspect it's to stop people creating clubs just for the hell of it with little chance of activity.[/b]
    The programming is already in place to rate games between club members so I don't see any benefit from freezing it until there are ten members in the club.
    I see just the opposite really.

Clubs aren't rated against other clubs are they? They don't compete with each other like the clans do. As I understand it, the club ratings are just between the club members for their games played within that club.

I don't understand what would be gained by creating clubs "just for the hell of it."
    If you look at the clubs directory the last several pages are clubs with just one or two members. I don't see where they have any benefit or prestige just from being created. They aren't going anywhere until more people join up.

What difference would it make if the 'less than ten members' clubs had member ratings just like the larger clubs with lots of members. It isn't going anywhere but just within that club.

If you're in club A you would only be interested in the club ratings of other members in club A, regardless of how many there are. You wouldn't care at all about what the member's ratings are in club B. Why would you?

The way it is now, those interested in joining a club should avoid any club with less than ten members because there is no benefit in joining it.
    Just join those clubs with more than ten members and you can then have all of the club benefits.

That's how it looks to me. Maybe I'm missing something.
  4. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    01 Feb '16 10:29
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    The programming is already in place to rate games between club members so I don't see any benefit from freezing it until there are ten members in the club.
    I see just the opposite really.

Clubs aren't rated against other clubs are they? They don't compete with each other like the clans do. As I understand it, the club ratings are just between the c ...[text shortened]... n have all of the club benefits.

That's how it looks to me. Maybe I'm missing something.[/b]
    Another reason for being in a club is the club forums where playing chess is irrelevant.
    The members just chat about things and play forum games but I agree there's no obvious reason for the 10 min rule, although a rating system between 2 or 3 members would be pretty pointless.
    You'll have to ask Russ