Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clubs Public

Clubs Public

1. 26 Oct '11 22:22
    Okay, correct me if I'm wrong here...

The way I read it, the only way I can create a tournament is if I'm a Club Admin. (Which I am.) Such a tournament is considered a Private tournament.

And being it's a private tournament, only club members that are subscribers are allowed to join it.

Is that right?

Why not have club tournaments open even to non-subscribers?
  2. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    28 Oct '11 01:48
    Originally posted by ClaypOT
    Okay, correct me if I'm wrong here...

The way I read it, the only way I can create a tournament is if I'm a Club Admin. (Which I am.) Such a tournament is considered a Private tournament.

And being it's a private tournament, only club members that are subscribers are allowed to join it.

Is that right?

Why not have club tournaments open even to non-subscribers?
    Thread below is trying to drum up support for such, we've been appealing for club tournies available 'in the same manner' a club leader can create tournies for subs..enter an official club affair, automated as any other tourny is.
    Talk of allowing non subs tournaments is an hot potato in here latterly: Thread 142344
    The clubs are treated very differently here, hence this thread about TER's:Thread 141130
    To those 'bleating' on, saying 'want to play a tourny, SUBSCRIBE then !' Well, we;re talking of 6game allotment here, surely there could be some kind of advantage to being a member of a club..as there aren't any presently, they can post in the public forum and just take challenges and open invites at their leisure. However, my main response to the 'subscribe then !' post has always been the fact that £40 is a small fortune in India etc..especially for the students that I know that actually play here and belong to clubs, real keen folk...it's just not achievable for them, not in any way !!