Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clubs Public

Clubs Public

1. 28 Oct '10 08:28
    Our admin left and now I have taken over the role. So I am trying to reinvigorate the club after a few months inactivity. So anyone here is welcome to join the club and play some Gambit chess. Gambits are good fun and there are many chess challenges involved.

Does anyone have tips on increasing membership? We need a few more members to be able to run more tournaments. We have started one tournament (King's Gambit) and now filling up a Blackmar-Dieter Gambit.

Join Gambit Fantasy Club 236
  2. 31 Oct '10 00:38
    Originally posted by raiox
    Our admin left and now I have taken over the role. So I am trying to reinvigorate the club after a few months inactivity. So anyone here is welcome to join the club and play some Gambit chess. Gambits are good fun and there are many chess challenges involved.

Does anyone have tips on increasing membership? We need a few more members to be able to run more t ...[text shortened]... ambit) and now filling up a Blackmar-Dieter Gambit.

Join Gambit Fantasy Club 236
    Try the no-pawn gambit gambit.
  3. 22 Nov '10 13:41 / 1 edit
    I just figured out non-subscribers could join clubs too (which i thought wasn't possible), so here i am, applying for my 1st club, which suits my style of play well...i play the following gambits :
    - Halloween (for a few years, but i even tried it OTB in long competition games and with good results)
    - Morra
    - jaenish (also called schliemann)
    - Budapest
    - Traxler (or wilkes-barre)
    - french wing gambit
    - Romanishin gambit vs the reti
    - blumenfeld
    etc..

As you see i mainly play sound gambits (apart from the halloween, ok!)
    And it's strange, i don't play the king of gambits : the king's gambit
  4. 28 Nov '10 14:42
    You are a welcome member of the group - as are all non-subscribers. However, it would be more useful for you if we could create open invites with themed openings. Strange that they are different form the normal open invites.