Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clubs Public

Clubs Public

1. Standard member SapanRinpoche
    Sapan Rinpoche
    02 May '10 00:56
    HELP, HELP, HELP.

Under the existing rules for RHP, which are fine with me, there seems to be no good way to handle Non-Subscribers in a clubs membership.

Our small club currently has TEN SUBSCRIBERS and FIVE NON-SUBSCRIBERS. We have the MAX number of FIVE TOURNAMENTS going, but they are only open to subscribers. SO ... my subject question:

RHP CLUB best handle its Non-Subscriber members?

Please weigh in with your suggestions or, best, SOLUTIONS!!!

Kindest regards,

Sapan Rinpoche
    Admin - CCOUSA [Club Colorado USA, started in June 2009.]
  2. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    03 May '10 11:54
    Originally posted by SapanRinpoche
    HELP, HELP, HELP.

Under the existing rules for RHP, which are fine with me, there seems to be no good way to handle Non-Subscribers in a clubs membership.

Our small club currently has TEN SUBSCRIBERS and FIVE NON-SUBSCRIBERS. We have the MAX number of FIVE TOURNAMENTS going, but they are only open to subscribers. SO ... my subject question:
    ...[text shortened]...
    Kindest regards,

Sapan Rinpoche
    Admin - CCOUSA [Club Colorado USA, started in June 2009.]
    It's possible for a tournament to include nonsubs (and I did it in my club), provided that the club leader is prepared to put in a HEAP of work (and I'm not kidding!). If you want to do this send me a PM and I'll set it out for you.
  3. Subscriber LEUR
    TEXAS
    03 May '10 14:14
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    It's possible for a tournament to include nonsubs (and I did it in my club), provided that the club leader is prepared to put in a HEAP of work (and I'm not kidding!). If you want to do this send me a PM and I'll set it out for you.
    ...another idea is to form a teamgame...or discussion game is another name for it...team members DISCUSS moves, agree, then the captains make the move for their team...the advantage to non-subs is they can participate without adding a game to their limited allowance...also can be instructive...and fun...