Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clubs Public

Clubs Public

1. 26 Apr '11 22:25
    There are too many clubs in the list which are inactive - it is hard to find suitable clubs. So to help those looking for clubs - put your club in this thread is your club is active (tournament and/or forums):

From the front page of clubs (in my slightly arbitary opinion):

Gambit Fantasy
    M.U.T.I.
    Personal Chess Training
    Back in the USSR
    Chessaroos Australia
    Scotland Club
    Under 1000 Club
    OTB Chess Players
    Reckless Players
    Football Fans Club
    Clube Brasil
    The Cat's Whiskers
    Science Fiction Club
    The Christian Chess Club
    The Beginners Club
    Monty Python Club
    The Dark Tower
    Problemists
    The Kiwi Club
    Fly a Rebel Flag Chess Club
    In Vino Veritas
    Friends Of Cash
    We want tournaments
    The Great Escape Club

Sorry if I missed your club or considered you inactive - just correct me here (please be polite - I'm just trying to help).
  2. 27 Apr '11 03:06 / 1 edit
    Reckless Players active? Yes we are!!!!! As confirmed by your list

11 -tournaments running right now. Just filled a 24-player tournament. Timeouts from 1-day to 21 days. We just filled an 8 player Banded (honor entry) < 1252.574 rating tournament in less than 12 hours!!!

Annual club championship will start in late summer!

Our forum is a little quiet though.
  3. Subscriber LEUR
    TEXAS
    27 Apr '11 11:25
    Originally posted by Madman1
    Reckless Players active? Yes we are!!!!! As confirmed by your list

11 -tournaments running right now. Just filled a 24-player tournament. Timeouts from 1-day to 21 days. We just filled an 8 player Banded (honor entry) < 1252.574 rating tournament in less than 12 hours!!!

Annual club championship will start in late summer!

Our forum is a little quiet though.
    ...TOURNAMENT INTENSE CLUBS...the new wave on RHP... here's MY favorite Club 108
  4. 27 Apr '11 13:58
    I just applied to your club.
  5. Subscriber LEUR
    TEXAS
    27 Apr '11 15:38
    Originally posted by Madman1
    I just applied to your club.
    ...and I to YOURS...
  6. 04 May '11 06:44
    Looks like I should have included "Players League"!!

Still it does seem like very small numbers of active clubs......
  7. 04 May '11 18:16
    Just noticed: "Small Group Tournament Chess Club" - definitely active.
  8. 08 May '11 10:06
    Plus:

protect animals
    Provisional Club! (returned to activity)
  9. 10 May '11 08:25
    Why don't you inform the moderators.
    Perhaps their plan was to remove inactive clubs, but they never got around to it?
  10. Standard member megamaster
    Xelenal of Epaland
    15 May '11 13:35
    Originally posted by raiox
    There are too many clubs in the list which are inactive - it is hard to find suitable clubs. So to help those looking for clubs - put your club in this thread is your club is active (tournament and/or forums):

From the front page of clubs (in my slightly arbitary opinion):

Gambit Fantasy
    M.U.T.I.
    Personal Chess Training
    Back in the USSR
    Chessaroos Au ...[text shortened]... r considered you inactive - just correct me here (please be polite - I'm just trying to help).
    TEAM AMERICA
  11. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    15 May '11 17:38
    Friends of Cash - Club 66 - still has sufficient numbers to be on the front page of the club list, but we don't do much nowadays. We used to have an active forum but recently there's been little activity, and we can't raise enough interest to run tournaments either. If players were automatically removed after 6 months' inactivity the true situation would be much more apparent to the casual viewer.
  12. 22 May '11 10:33
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Friends of Cash - Club 66 - still has sufficient numbers to be on the front page of the club list, but we don't do much nowadays. We used to have an active forum but recently there's been little activity, and we can't raise enough interest to run tournaments either. If players were automatically removed after 6 months' inactivity the true situation would be much more apparent to the casual viewer.
    The lack of pruning of inactive memebrs/clubs is stiffling the active clubs. Its difficult. I've noticed an increase in people spontaniously asking to join since Gambit Fantasy has moved up on the front page. Previously I got members by 'cold calling' on people I thought would be interested in particular tournaments.

Have to add 'Flying Aecs' to the list of active clubs
  13. 29 May '11 13:01
    The problem in clubs is that non subscribers can not enter tournaments, so you end up with the usual players entering all the time, at an estimate i think the Scotland Club maybe has 30 active players.
  14. Standard member megamaster
    Xelenal of Epaland
    02 Jun '11 19:29
    Club 288
    We have tournaments all the time!
  15. 05 Jun '11 18:57
    "Project Zeus" is trying to become active...... a new club.