Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clubs Public

Clubs Public

1. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    20 Dec '09 20:27
    Not sure about this idea, maybe just a little nice recognition.

I nominate the Robert James Fisher Club Club 218 simply because in just seven months of existence it's built up the most members of any club (743) currently tied for the most tournaments of any club (185) and has a really cool forum (possibly the largest of any club) made up of a database of Masters chess games.

Robert James Fisher Club is the most obvious nominee for Chess Club of the Year. I didn't need to go sleuthing to far to find out about it. Maybe someone would nominate a different club for the first annual?
  2. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    23 Dec '09 02:40
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    Not sure about this idea, maybe just a little nice recognition.

I nominate the Robert James Fisher Club Club 218 simply because in just seven months of existence it's built up the most members of any club (743) currently tied for the most tournaments of any club (185) and has a really cool forum (possibly the largest of any club) made ...[text shortened]... far to find out about it. Maybe someone would nominate a different club for the first annual?
    I thank all who voted overwhelmingly for club scene, but I cannot accept this award. It should go to a club that was active all year.
  3. 26 Dec '09 01:34
    Red Flag.
  4. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    27 Dec '09 03:13
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Red Flag.
    Club 135
  5. Standard member expuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    30 Dec '09 12:51
    There are clubs other than Cowboys from Hell?
  6. 31 Dec '09 01:15
    Originally posted by expuddlepirate
    There are clubs other than Cowboys from Hell?
    There aren't, it's just a nasty rumor started by other clubs.
  7. Standard member expuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    31 Dec '09 01:39
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
  8. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    31 Dec '09 16:06
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    You mean the other clubs that have 3 times as many members as yours? Or the ones that have 5 times as many? Or 10? My goodness--some have even more than that! How many members are in your little club? 41? Cute! Good for you!
  9. Standard member expuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    31 Dec '09 18:13
    You mean the other clubs that have 3 times as many members as yours? Or the ones that have 5 times as many? Or 10? My goodness--some have even more than that! How many members are in your little club? 41? Cute! Good for you!
    Quality ALWAYS before quantity.
  10. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    31 Dec '09 18:18
    Originally posted by expuddlepirate
    Quality ALWAYS before quantity.
    Size matters.
  11. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    31 Dec '09 20:27
    I'd like to nominate a quite new club, a club that was just recently started by the fellow who once wrote, "How to remove yourself as club leader from the club, or in other words, really remove the club. Right now I'm stuck with a club," and later, "Just get rid of Clubs and put effort in improving existing parts of the site." I nominate this club for its leaders willingness to come around to joining in on this existing part of the site and for starting Club Amsterdamn! Club 243
  12. 03 Jan '10 21:26
    I'd like to nominate a quite new club, a club that was just recently started by the fellow who once wrote, "How to remove yourself as club leader from the club, or in other words, really remove the club. Right now I'm stuck with a club," and later, "Just get rid of Clubs and put effort in improving existing parts of the site." I nominate this club for ...[text shortened]... n on this existing part of the site and for starting Club Amsterdamn! Club 243
    Hi other Patrick..

Look at the activity within Club 243
    Let me know when you have a clue what's going on!

Cheers, Patrick
  13. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    03 Jan '10 22:32
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Hi other Patrick..

Look at the activity within Club 243
    Let me know when you have a clue what's going on!

Cheers, Patrick
    I see exactly what's going on in that club, other other patrick! You've created a mini-RHP, a mirror-image of the general website, because everyone on RHP is a current or former member of your clan!

Oh wait, that's not true. I guess there must be something else going on there.

Oh, I know! You've duplicated the public forums...no wait..you haven't, because it's a private forum with a membership you can limit.

Then you've duplicated your clan forum!

Oh..no..because you can have more than 20 members in your club and club forum...

Hmmm...I guess I don't know what's going on in that unique community you've created, other other patrick. Why don't you post an announcement in the public Clubs forums to let everyone know!
  14. 03 Jan '10 22:59
    I see exactly what's going on in that club, other other patrick! You've created a mini-RHP, a mirror-image of the general website, because everyone on RHP is a current or former member of your clan!

Oh wait, that's not true. I guess there must be something else going on there.

Oh, I know! You've duplicated the public forums...no wait..you haven' ...[text shortened]... . Why don't you post an announcement in the public Clubs forums to let everyone know!
    Hmm, this shows you really have no clue..

Everyone at RHP is a current or former member of the Amsterdamn Clan?
    19 players are former members of the Amsterdamn Clan, of which 10 are no longer active at this website..

Public Forum replication? Private Forum? Neither, there is no forum active at all..

More than 20 members for the club/clan forum? See above, no forum active at all..

You want me to make announcements on the creation of Club Amsterdamn? Why would I do that.. I have no interest in gaining any attention to the people that I'm bringing together.. what is it that you want to know?

Why did you draw my attention to the clubs (forum)? What do you want to achieve?
    If you have no constructive dialogue in mind, just let me be and mind your own business..