Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clubs Public

Clubs Public

1. 12 Oct '09 06:59
    where's that plug? it was tried it failed... time to scrap the idea and move on. the clans forum is big enough to contain this crap.
  2. 12 Oct '09 12:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    where's that plug? it was tried it failed... time to scrap the idea and move on. the clans forum is big enough to contain this crap.
    Here here.

3. 12 Oct '09 19:37
    Hey! Find your own dustbins to rummage through
  4. 12 Oct '09 19:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hey! Find your own dustbins to rummage through
    Well there ain't much in here worth rummaging through
  5. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    14 Oct '09 22:59 / 3 edits
    Settle down BOYS and give it a chance!

Adram you remind me of that commercal where the kids don't want to try a new cereal, and they say: "Give it to Mikey he don't like anything"

Well you remind me of Mikey!

Trev of course is just being Trev!
  6. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    17 Oct '09 23:57
    If this forum is pointless, then so is the clans forum. They're advertising pages pure and simple. If the clans and clubs were allowed sufficient space to promote their profile we could get rid of both forums.

Then we could offload Spirituality and Science and Debates and Sport to the relevant third-party sites, put Announcements on the login page and separate the announcements from the comments, combine Developers and Site Ideas.

Anybody have any other housekeeping ideas?
  7. 18 Oct '09 10:30
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    If this forum is pointless, then so is the clans forum. They're advertising pages pure and simple. If the clans and clubs were allowed sufficient space to promote their profile we could get rid of both forums.

Then we could offload Spirituality and Science and Debates and Sport to the relevant third-party sites, put Announcements on the login page and ...[text shortened]... the comments, combine Developers and Site Ideas.

Anybody have any other housekeeping ideas?
    stop being retarded.

there's no reason why we need two forums than basically do the same thing, rename the clans forum 'clans and clubs' and we've got a forum, having two is pointless, there's isn't enough interest in clubs to warrant it's own forum.

have a look at the other forums, there's a place for them on this site, people use them. clubs and clans are site addons that should be put in the same forum.
  8. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    19 Oct '09 14:44
    Stop being naive. (Or is it intentional?) People have posted about clubs in the clan forum in the past and been shouted out by a bizarre anti-club sentiment. Hence, a separate forum. Personally, I think merging the two forums into one would be perfectly fine, but I happen to like both clubs and clans--and so do a lot of other people. But put the two together in one forum and it will devolve into a mindless back-and-forth between which one deserves it own forum and which one deserves none. Keeping the two separate makes for fine space to post on either clubs or forums and for people who dislike one of the two to not have to read about it.
  9. 22 Oct '09 19:59
    stop being retarded.

there's no reason why we need two forums than basically do the same thing, rename the clans forum 'clans and clubs' and we've got a forum, having two is pointless, there's isn't enough interest in clubs to warrant it's own forum.

have a look at the other forums, there's a place for them on this site, people use them. clubs and clans are site addons that should be put in the same forum.
    ............wrong forum trev, try sports.
  10. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    26 Oct '09 19:37 / 1 edit
    where's that plug? it was tried it failed... time to scrap the idea and move on. the clans forum is also full of useless crap.
    Fixed.
  11. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    20 Nov '09 23:01
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    ............wrong forum trev, try sports.
  12. 03 Jan '10 21:27
    Rec'd
  13. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    03 Jan '10 22:25
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Rec'd
    Don't be absurd, other other patrick. If people started information about their clubs in the clans forum, uptight old people who fear change would go into a territorial swoon!
  14. 03 Jan '10 23:09
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    Don't be absurd, other other patrick. If people started information about their clubs in the clans forum, uptight old people who fear change would go into a territorial swoon!
    Partially good point..
    No need to mix club and clan forums..

"Uptight old people".. somehow I get the feeling that you try to put this label on me..
    I think you need a mirror and see who needs the label "uptight".
    As for age, you must be younger than me, or you are only mentally behind..

There is nothing wrong with change, as long as there is added value.. but we have been through that discussion before.. if you have drawn my attention to clubs to re-open that discussion, I respectfully pass..
  15. 04 Jan '10 21:30
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    Not if they renamed it Clans and Clubs forum!