Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 16 Dec '10 01:54
    Tom Waits
    Dr John
    Darlene Love
    Neil Diamond
    Alice Cooper Band.

    I had to look up Darlene Love, so not much I can say there. Diamond is a lock, nice and deserved for Coop and the band, Dr John has left his mark and you have to acknowledge the great artists, Waits gets lots of love.

    I guess no real problems with this group.
  2. 16 Dec '10 04:58
    No Leon Russell = Bogus HOF.
  3. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    16 Dec '10 21:06
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Tom Waits
    Dr John
    Darlene Love
    Neil Diamond
    Alice Cooper Band.

    I had to look up Darlene Love, so not much I can say there. Diamond is a lock, nice and deserved for Coop and the band, Dr John has left his mark and you have to acknowledge the great artists, Waits gets lots of love.

    I guess no real problems with this group.
    what's the criteria to get in?
  4. 17 Dec '10 16:17
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    No Leon Russell = Bogus HOF.
    Well, Leon got in there in with some kind of rock contributor kind of nod. Not the same as being inducted though.
  5. 17 Dec '10 16:19
    Originally posted by uzless
    what's the criteria to get in?
    This is the closest that I could find -

    dedicated to archiving the history of some of the best-known and most influential artists, producers, and other people who have in some major way influenced the music industry, particularly in the area of rock music
  6. 19 Dec '10 19:14
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Tom Waits
    Dr John
    Darlene Love
    Neil Diamond
    Alice Cooper Band.

    I had to look up Darlene Love, so not much I can say there. Diamond is a lock, nice and deserved for Coop and the band, Dr John has left his mark and you have to acknowledge the great artists, Waits gets lots of love.

    I guess no real problems with this group.
    "What's Love got to do with it?" These are lightweights at best. Except for Diamond, there's not a superstar in the bunch. If this were the Baseball HOF, it would be like electing 4 slick fielding infielders who batted .240, and Rusty Staub.

    Alice Cooper. I like Coop as much as the next headbanger, but c'mon. Hall of Fame material? It could be worse. Could be last year's apocalypse: Run-DMC. The mind wobbles.
  7. 13 Jan '11 15:08
    Cooper deserves HOF.

    Everyone - everyone - has heard School's Out. He and David Bowie are the godfathers of theatrical rock. In the early 70's, Alice Cooper was legendary, and he's still going strong today. He's still doing it, nearly 45 years later.

    Alice Cooper (band) and Alice Cooper (solo) have spawned many, many copycats and influenced many as well. This one was long overdue.
  8. 13 Jan '11 18:14
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    "What's Love got to do with it?" These are lightweights at best. Except for Diamond, there's not a superstar in the bunch. If this were the Baseball HOF, it would be like electing 4 slick fielding infielders who batted .240, and Rusty Staub.

    Alice Cooper. I like Coop as much as the next headbanger, but c'mon. Hall of Fame material? It could be worse. Could be last year's apocalypse: Run-DMC. The mind wobbles.
    Tom Waits may not be rock and roll, per se, but one thing he is definitely not is a lightweight. He is one of those rare artists in popular music that are held in high regard by multiple generations and "all kinds of folk".
  9. Donation buckky
    Filthy sinner
    16 Jan '11 20:29
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Tom Waits may not be rock and roll, per se, but one thing he is definitely not is a lightweight. He is one of those rare artists in popular music that are held in high regard by multiple generations and "all kinds of folk".
    Tom Waits and Dylan are Americas greatest writers.
  10. 17 Jan '11 05:01
    Originally posted by buckky
    Tom Waits and Dylan are Americas greatest writers.
    Michael Bloomfield was Americas greatest guitarist !
  11. 17 Jan '11 21:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Michael Bloomfield was Americas greatest guitarist !
    Rock and Roll guitarist? NOT. How soon we forget Jimi.