1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 03:36
    Has anyone seen either of these TV series?

Basically for kids (grown kids), but with lots of humor for adults as well.

Both hold massive scores on sites like Rotten Tomatoes. Gravity Falls (both seasons) has a 100%!

I’ve watched both my daughter and both of us love both of them.
    In fact, besides the first series of Stranger Things and Midnattssol (both not for kids), if I had to recommend any TV series to watch from the last 10 years, it would the two in the title.

If I expanded it to 20 years, I’d add Futurama, the Sopranos and the Wire.

Seriously. Check them out.
    Both are very well constructed, the styling is excellent and both have something creepy going on!
  2. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 08:25
    @shavixmir

"Gravity Falls" is like "Twin Peaks" meets "Phineas & Ferb", it's got a lot plot going on so really pays off if you watch it all the way through.

"A Series of Unfortunate Events" is a darkly comic Neil Patrick Harris ensemble piece that is true to the style and tone of the Lemony Snicket stories because real author Daniel Handler had a hand in writing the teleplays.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Aug '20 21:48
    Gravity Falls is the cats whiskers of tv animation.
    Unfortunately I saw it piecemeal but would love to have the time to binge watch
    in chronological order. I believe reading somewhere that the ultimate episode
    drew the biggest audience ever for an animation. Deserves that 100% on RT.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 13:51
    Thanks for the recommendation. I've heard of Gravity Falls for a while and I know it's highly praised, never watched it. Looks like something I'll start with my son.

A Series of Unfortunate Events...I saw the movie with Jim Carrey, and checked out a bit of the series. It's very interesting with it's macabre tone but not really my thing. Maybe I'll check out the books one day.
  5. Joined
    18 Sep '20
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 21:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree