1. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    05 Jun '09 22:31
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Indeed! There is no creed, belief, philosophy without ambiguities. Even the supposed infallibilty of science hardly gets any mention. The Bible has experienced significant doubt because of the innumerable translations and misinterpretations. The Catholic faith is no different than any philosophy in that it has been a slowly evolving set of ideas. Yet it ...[text shortened]... ent texts being preserved by monks and the scientific method being perfected in monasteries.
    oh please take your bellyaching to the spirituality forum, you poor oppressed soul.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '09 23:41
    Originally posted by StTito
    oh please take your bellyaching to the spirituality forum, you poor oppressed soul.
    Funny comment coming from someone who's handle mean little saint. Also, aren't you following the thread at all? After all the topic is Angels and demons. As for bellyaching, your statement is much more of a complaining nature than mine ever was. And who are you to tell others where to move? This is the culture forum, and the topic is what it is! Also, you can look into souls? Yikes! Thought you were a bartender, not a seer?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 11:05
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Indeed! There is no creed, belief...attacked wantonly by the Dan Browns of the world witout regard to how dear it is held by millions. The Dan Browns of this world would never take on Islam, gays, feminists. Again, please refrain from making blanket statements about the collective IQ of an entire faith because they object to being ridiculed. It says mor ...[text shortened]... t than the manner in which Catholic theologians fill in holes in the philosphy of their faith...
    Ah but Catholics are taught free will and accept that it's perfectly ok for people to be of the opinion that some of what Catholics believe is rubbish. You just have to make sure you don't cross the line into blasphemy though which Dan Brown certainly doesn't do and only an idiot would think he does.

Yes theirs holes in everything and people don't have the guts to take on Islam etc, that's a different topic. The fact is it should be perfectly ok for people to have a different opinion on what the bible says etc. surely if you can't prove it's 100% accurate then people should be able to express why they don't believe in certain things?

Where did I question the IQ of an entire faith? Why would I do this when I know many devout Catholics, my parents been two of them?
    The people I'm ridiculing are the silly people that see the FICTIONAL STORY above as an attack on their faith.

Ah so you accept that Catholic theologians fill in holes in the philosphy of their faith, so why shouldn't someone be allowed to disagree with how these holes were filled in?
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 12:01
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Ah but Catholics are taught free will and accept that it's perfectly ok for people to be of the opinion that some of what Catholics believe is rubbish. You just have to make sure you don't cross the line into blasphemy though which Dan Brown certainly doesn't do and only an idiot would think he does.

Yes theirs holes in everything and people don't have t ...[text shortened]... , so why shouldn't someone be allowed to disagree with how these holes were filled in?
    No disagreement at all. Faith by its very nature has many unexplainable things, but so does science. What I find irksome is that the very people who use faith's many holes as de facto evidence of its lack of validity would never give science the same level of doubt.

Indeed Catholics have free will, but they and they alone decide what is rubbish. Non-Catholics commenting on what is rubbish is extremely annoying. What is also annoying is the ongoing effort by Hollywood in portraying Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular, as evil, its practitioners as having low IQ, etc.

At least you're not like another poster on a different thread who suggests, he/she claims only in a humorous way, that people of faith (Christians only) be deported to Greenland and the place be renamed Dumbfrackistan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree