1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 18:37
    I want to dope slap waitstaff who ask my wife and me that question.

OK, I know. But it's a slow day on the fora.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 19:32
    Forget the burger bars, a more upmarket establishment may well be the answer 😛
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 16:19
    Originally posted by JS357
    I want to dope slap waitstaff who ask my wife and me that question.

OK, I know. But it's a slow day on the fora.
    What's really the problem with it?

I welcome any attempt by waitstaff to care about me and my day. I would tip the "you guys" waitress more than the waitress who acts like I'm something she stepped in on the way to work. It's an attempt to seem human. Maybe you could try it yourself. Certainly a waitress saying "you guys" is the very least of my problems, seriously.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 17:21
    We were once sitting in a Japanese steak house, me, my spouse, a friend and his 3 year old daughter. The waitress brought the three massive steaks sizzling on heavy hotplates and a small paper plate of small alphabet shaped chicken nuggets with a dinky-sized, blunt, two prong plastic fork. She picked up the nuggets and asked: "And who is this for?"
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 18:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    We were once sitting in a Japanese steak house, me, my spouse, a friend and his 3 year old daughter. The waitress brought the three massive steaks sizzling on heavy hotplates and a small paper plate of small alphabet shaped chicken nuggets with a dinky-sized, blunt, two prong plastic fork. She picked up the nuggets and asked: "And who is this for?"
    And I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that the question was rhetorical?
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 18:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What's really the problem with it?

I welcome any attempt by waitstaff to care about me and my day. I would tip the "you guys" waitress more than the waitress who acts like I'm something she stepped in on the way to work. It's an attempt to seem human. Maybe you could try it yourself. Certainly a waitress saying "you guys" is the very least of my problems, seriously.
    I don't get the problem with that one either. What else are they supposed to say?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 02:12
    Originally posted by rwingett
    And I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that the question was rhetorical?
    No it wasn't. She stood there with the paper plate in her hand, the alphabet nuggets hovering above the table, for 5 or 6 stunned seconds, until we told her it was for the 3 year old.
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 17:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I don't get the problem with that one either. What else are they supposed to say?
    Perhaps Y'all ready to order?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree