1. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 04:101 edit
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    Art. I have 4 Andrew Wyeth lithographs framed nicely in my family room.Value? Don't know don't care. Just love to look at them.
    Reveal Hidden Content
    Nice, I always liked "Christinas World."
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 05:14
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I went to art school. a lot of good it did to me. the chicks were hot though.
    Do Finnish nudes?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 05:201 edit
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    [hidden]Nice, I always liked "Christinas World." [/hidden]
    Art box---->Reveal Hidden Content
    Is that the one of a young girl alone in a large field with a barn and farmhouse in the distant background? If so, Evelyn and I always appreciated that one as well.
  4. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 05:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Art box---->[hidden]Is that the one of a young girl alone in a large field with a barn and farmhouse in the distant background? If so, Evelyn and I always appreciated that one as well.[/hidden][/b]
    Yes, that's the one. ๐Ÿ™‚
  5. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 05:37
    [hidden]Nice, I always liked "Christinas World." [/hidden]
    Just went down to check titles, only found one. Big Room.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 06:19
    Appreciate learning about this facet of your interests.
  7. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 06:472 edits
    Wouldn't have been my first choice, but to each their own. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I like Francisco de Goya, Beardsley, and Mucha's stuff the best.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 07:01
    Just don't keep it locked away,Specially if its your own.
    Put it up around the place.
  9. Forum Moderator
    22 Nov '09 09:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 09:42
    Originally posted by Blackamp
    Do you enjoy Art? Are you even, perhaps, an Art lover? Or do you think Art is pretentious and a waste of time? Perhaps you know someone who suffered or even died for the sake of Art? Do you have Art in your home? How much would you pay for Art? Do you collect Art? Do you know the difference between good Art and bad Art?

ps: I know, "take it to Culture, Spanky".๐Ÿ˜ž
    I don't enjoy Art much at all -- far from loving him, I do find him a pretentious blowhard timeleech, notwithstanding his undeniable charisma, for which scores of weakwilled men and women and suffered, yes, even died (glibly passed off as 'collateral damage', but the autopsy speaks for itself). Art will never set foot inside my home; I would pay to have Art impounded. Somebody else can collect Art from the station -- I don't want to risk having bad Art in my car when good Art is so seldomly encountered, usually in a window period after a certain number of drinks and before an uncertain number of more.
  11. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 17:04
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I don't enjoy Art much at all -- far from loving him, I do find him a pretentious blowhard timeleech, notwithstanding his undeniable charisma, for which scores of weakwilled men and women and suffered, yes, even died (glibly passed off as 'collateral damage', but the autopsy speaks for itself). Art will never set foot inside my home; I would pay to hav ...[text shortened]... in a window period after a certain number of drinks and before an uncertain number of more.
    I am not pretentious.
    Now excuse me please while I drink some Hennessy's. ๐Ÿ˜•
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '09 22:38
    I am not pretentious.
    Now excuse me please while I drink some Hennessy's. ๐Ÿ˜•
    i myself love Albrecht Durer and many of the Italian renaissance painters, Caravaggio, Titian. Probably my favourite is a Scottish artist, named John Duncan, born in the 1800s and survived until 1945, who painted Celtic and pre Raphaelite themes and is termed a Celtic symbolist (whatever that means). My other favourite is a Russian Painter/Illustrator Ivan Bilibin, he is most noted for his book illustrations, however he did a series of watercolours, that in my measly opinion are unsurpassed. the first link is to John Duncan, the second to Ivan Bilibin illustration, these were not the famous watercolours that i was referring to, for i cannot find a link quite yet. Also have a soft spot for Van Gogh but not all the early impressionists like Monet, Renior etc. it is one of the great pity's that art is so fully of snobbery, for it need not be the case, for like anything, there are simply different levels of understanding. Conceptual 'art', is best kept where it belongs, to be appreciated among academics in art schools during degree showings.

http://www.nationalgalleries.org/index.php/collection/online_az/4:322/results/0/17484/

http://www.bpib.com/illustrat/bilibin.htm
  13. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '09 00:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i myself love Albrecht Durer and many of the Italian renaissance painters, Caravaggio, Titian. Probably my favourite is a Scottish artist, named John Duncan, born in the 1800s and survived until 1945, who painted Celtic and pre Raphaelite themes and is termed a Celtic symbolist (whatever that means). My other favourite is a Russian Painter/Illustra ...[text shortened]... .php/collection/online_az/4:322/results/0/17484/

http://www.bpib.com/illustrat/bilibin.htm
    Good call Robbie. I later had wished I included Dürer. His stuff is super great.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '09 01:00
    Good call Robbie. I later had wished I included Dürer. His stuff is super great.
    yes his watercolours are second to none! although he is probably more famous for his woodcuts. i have seen them, the whole series on the biblical book of revelation, amazing!
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Nov '09 01:49
    Chuck Close
    Egon Schiele
    Franz Kline
    Adolph Gottlieb
    Franz Hals

--------

The Limbourg Brothers
    Art of the Mughal court

Just a few that come to mind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree