1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '10 09:36
    What commercially unsuccessful albums have you bought at a get-rid-of-them discount only to find that they are great albums and the whole world was wrong?

I have a few in my collection that come to mind:

Starclub - Starclub (1993)
    The Grays - Ro Sham Bo (1994)
    Five Guys Named Moe (1990) The Canadian band not the musical
    Stephen Duffy - Music In Colours (1993)
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    06 May '10 16:40
    Nonpoint album (probably "Statement", but i thought at the time it was self-titled) with bonus live 3-song sampler CD, first song was "What a Day", third was a nice remake of Santana's "Evil Ways" with a harder beat than the original. middle song not memorable. i don't remember that any of the songs on the main album were good except "What a Day".

and:

Best of Trance, Vol. 1 by Robin Fox, Hypertrophy, Faithless, and ATB (Audio CD - Oct. 24, 2000)
  3. silicon valley
    Moves
    06 May '10 16:43
    actually a lot of hit bands show up in the bargain binds. and if not known to us before, we couldn't really say the world was wrong about them.

i guess if you really kept up with the scene you could say that, tho.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    06 May '10 16:46
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

Best of Trance, Vol. 1 by Robin Fox, Hypertrophy, Faithless, and ATB (Audio CD - Oct. 24, 2000)
    these are the tracks i remember i liked, been a while since i've listened to it. i actually bought another album by Olive because i liked the track below, but i don't remember that i liked it after i bought it.

2. 9PM (til I Come) - ATB
    4. Insomnia - Faithless
    5. It's A Fine Day - Miss Jane
    13. Beautiful Day - Hypertrophy
    14. Communication (Somebody Answer the Phone) - Mario Piu
    15. You're Not Alone - Olive

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree