1. Pepperland
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 16:30
    Sgt.pepper's lonely hearts club band, Who's next, and Are you experienced?
  2. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 16:40
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Nothing comes close to Sgt Peppers. Another album that I found flawless was the first Marc Cohn CD. Yellow Moon by the Nevil Brothers was another great CD. Sgt Peppers is the one that stands above all others. Pure magic !
  3. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 16:57
    Originally posted by buckky
    Nothing comes close to Sgt Peppers. Another album that I found flawless was the first Marc Cohn CD. Yellow Moon by the Nevil Brothers was another great CD. Sgt Peppers is the one that stands above all others. Pure magic !
    Other excellent "Moon" modifiers are "Pink" and "Marquee", by Nick Drake and Television, respectively.

I like Sgt. Pepper's fine, but the [i]best album ever[i]?
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 17:00
    Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
  5. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 17:10
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
    My favorite jazz album ever !
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 18:35
    1) The Joshua Tree - U2

2) 4 - Led Zeppelin

3) Wish Were Here - Pink Floyd
  7. Joined
    23 May '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 19:56
    Radiohead OK computer, if you like alternative music.

Though Alan Partridge puts forward a compelling case for "Best of the Beatles".
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 20:28
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    Other excellent "Moon" modifiers are "Pink" and "Marquee", by Nick Drake and Television, respectively.

I think we have to admit that it was well ahead of its time, the innovation, and the experimentation makes this album stand out, without mentioning that songs like A day in the life, Lovely rita, and Lucy in the sky with diamonds, were masterpieces.
  9. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 20:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 20:51
    [b]I like Sgt. Pepper's fine, but the [i]best album ever[i]?

I think we have to admit that it was well ahead of its time, the innovation, and the experimentation makes this album stand out, without mentioning that songs like A day in the life, Lovely rita, and Lucy in the sky with diamonds, were masterpieces.[/b]
    I think 'Abby Road' is the best Beatles album, its parts work better for the whole. 'Love Supreme is hard for me to compare against 'Kind of Blue', they are both at the top of there game. But for the best ROCK album in the last 25 years, you gotta give 'Appetite For Destruction' the prize. GnR sucked after but that album was gold.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 21:00
    Originally posted by StTito
    I think 'Abby Road' is the best Beatles album, its parts work better for the whole. 'Love Supreme is hard for me to compare against 'Kind of Blue', they are both at the top of there game. But for the best ROCK album in the last 25 years, you gotta give 'Appetite For Destruction' the prize. GnR sucked after but that album was gold.[/i]
    really guy sort out your italics
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 21:02
    st. pepper is a good choice however for me personally it has to be jeff buckley and 'grace' as the best album.
  13. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 21:04
    Originally posted by trev33
    really guy sort out your italics
    oh details
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 21:13
    Originally posted by StTito
    oh details
    😕
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '09 21:412 edits
    I'm going to go with something really radical: Morton Feldman's "String Quartet (II)" by the Ives Ensemble.

It's a single movement that clocks in at around 5 hours.

From the New York Times review:
    "There is no syntax in his music; there are no transitions, no connective tissue and certainly none of the contrapuntal rhetoric one associates with string quartet writing. Instead there are pairs of chords that recur over and over; four-note repeating melodies in pizzicato; breathy tone clusters; D sharp leading to C sharp again and again; and about every 15 minutes, an arch-shaped theme that keeps coming back like the eternal unanswered question...No music had ever before sounded like Feldman's, and even within his output, no other piece ever sounded like this. "

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B02E0DE1F3CF934A25751C0A9649C8B63

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree