1. Joined
    24 Sep '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 03:351 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Add your favourites!
    I agree with shallow blue.

Actually I didn't know anything came out of the middle ages except for chaucer.
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 08:11
    Originally posted by nihilismor
    . . . other than being able to push your slaves twice at first and allowing them to juke and back stab another slave if conditions permit.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 08:27
    . . . other than being able to push your slaves twice at first and allowing them to juke and back stab another slave if conditions permit.
    A lot of good stuff came out of medieval times; something for every taste -- what's yours?
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 06:23
    I recall harpsichord music was big then. And a lot of lutes and lyres...
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 07:411 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I recall harpsichord music was big then. And a lot of lutes and lyres...
    I think you are a lyre...
    Seriously, I think Harpsichords came a few hundred years later. I think in mideaval times it was hammer dulcimers and sackbuts and such, maybe some kind of primitive keyboard, not as good as the commodore 64, for instance🙂
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 07:521 edit
    I agree with shallow blue.

Then you don't really agree with me after all😛, 'cause I've read a handful of ME works beside Chaucer, and another handful (or more) of MNL ones.

Richard
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 08:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Seriously, I think Harpsichords came a few hundred years later. I think in mideaval times it was hammer dulcimers and sackbuts and such, maybe some kind of primitive keyboard, not as good as the commodore 64, for instance🙂
    http://www.earlymusic.org/instruments-early-music

NB YouTube link: YouTube

What's the worst medieval YouTube video you can find?
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 07:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Probably so, but some of those tunes on my Medieval album that I play at D&D games sure sounds like a harpsichord. Perhaps that dulcimer sounds similar?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '08 15:27
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Probably so, but some of those tunes on my Medieval album that I play at D&D games sure sounds like a harpsichord. Perhaps that dulcimer sounds similar?
    The difference in the sound of hammer dulcimer and harpsichord is the harpsichord is plucked like a guitar, little quills pluck the strings each time the keys are pressed but a hammer dulcimer is struck from above with little wooden sticks curved to meet the strings. Plucking gives more higher harmonics I think. Nemisio, correct me if I am wrong about that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree