Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Sorry, for me it will always be.

Wish you were here.
    I would be sorry about that. 🙂
  2. Illinois
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 23:011 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Ahhh Syd. After reading about him and hearing the anecdotes, I wanted to put him in the "musical genius" category. Afetr listening to Opel and Madcap Laughs several times, I just couldn't do it. I can only take whimsy in small doses, and Syd --well, he just IS whimsy personified. Rolling Stone picked 3 Floyd albums (I think) for their Top 500 all time I take it.
    All that notwithstanding, I think Corporal Clegg had some really good lyrics.
    You have to ask yourself, what type of person is whimsy personified? Syd was remarkable, I think, precisely because of his childlike wholeheartedness. That was Syd's genius. It's really quite shocking once you realize how unsophisticated he was; and how disarmingly genuine.

Luckily, his best friends happened to be David Gilmour and Roger Waters.
  3. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 03:58
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    I would be sorry about that. 🙂
    Aren't I a douche. I meant to say, "I wouldn't be sorry about that...."
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 14:14
    Originally posted by epiphinehas

Luckily, his best friends happened to be David Gilmour and Roger Waters.[/b]
    Amen to that.
  5. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '08 23:07
    Best Pink Floyd LP?

Easy

RELICS!!!
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    01 Apr '08 19:57
    Originally posted by znsho
    Best Pink Floyd LP?

Easy

RELICS!!!
    Relics does have one thing I've never found on any other Floyd album: the complete song, Biding My Time. Wonder why it was never released on any other album?
  7. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 08:22
    I have to plum for the final cut here, incredibly depressing yet uplifting at the same time and 'two suns in the sunset', find me a better finish to an album anywhere and i'll eat my proverbial hat... actually I won't but I might pretend to.
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 16:26
    Originally posted by cadwah
    I have to plum for the final cut here, incredibly depressing yet uplifting at the same time and 'two suns in the sunset', find me a better finish to an album anywhere and i'll eat my proverbial hat... actually I won't but I might pretend to.
    I give high marks to Final Cut also. I wouldn't give it the 5-star classic rating that a writer for Rolling Stone did, when it was first released, but I agree about "2 suns..." Final Cut and The Gunner's Dream, and especially Not Now John are great cuts as well. But why did they stick a mediocre tune like Fletcher Memorial Home on their Echoes compilation CD?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree