1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    19 Sep '17 21:38
    I know this is subjective and changes given a moment. But what do you say right now?

I say argent, hold your head up. This is a serious score.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '17 14:54
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I know this is subjective and changes given a moment. But what do you say right now?

Even right now, I have no "best song ever". I might have a song I want to listen to right now, but that doesn't make it better than my other favourites in any absolute sense.

The good side of this is that it's perfectly all right to have more than just one or two favourite songs ๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 10:05
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Even right now, I have no "best song ever". I might have a song I want to listen to right now, but that doesn't make it better than my other favourites in any absolute sense.

The good side of this is that it's perfectly all right to have more than just one or two favourite songs ๐Ÿ™‚
    I agree it depends on what mood I'm in at the time, there are about 10-15 songs I tend to recycle as my favorites.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 21:089 edits

I think about songs that won awards, like for Dylan, the Nobel for songs like 'A hard rain's a-gonna fall' The lyrics are incredible.
    "I've seen guns and sharp swords in the hands of small children'....'I've seen a new born baby with wild wolves all around it, I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard. I heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a-blazing, just a small bit from that incredible song.
    Or songs from Joni Mitchell, I've looked at clouds from both sides now, from in and out, and still somehow, It's cloud's illusions I recall, I really don't know clouds at all

Or I was a free man in Paris, I felt unfettered and alive, nobody calling me up for favor's, nobody's future to decide. I'd go back there tomorrow but for this work I've taken on, stoking the star maker machinery behind the popular song.

All of those lyrics from Dylan to Joni, are very personal and deep.

Or Mellancamp, Oh yeah, Life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone.

Then compare those to 'I wanna hold your hand......

At least when they grew up they wrote "Yesterday''.... At least for Paul๐Ÿ™‚
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Oct '17 02:35

Right now?
    "on the radio" by Regina Spektor.

She'd be the best girlfriend, you could just listen her practice and write ... the female John Lennon (if John Lennon din't die)
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Oct '17 02:37
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I think about songs that won awards, like for Dylan, the Nobel for songs like 'A hard rain's a-gonna fall' The lyrics are incredible.
    "I've seen guns and sharp swords in the hands of small children'....'I've seen a new born baby with wild wolves all around it, I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard. I heard one hundred drummers whose ha ...[text shortened]... ld your hand......

At least when they grew up they wrote "Yesterday''.... At least for Paul๐Ÿ™‚
    Nod to "hard rain" ...

I've heard that song done in more languages than any other ....
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 13:11
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Nod to "hard rain" ...

I've heard that song done in more languages than any other ....
    Adding street cred to his Nobel prize.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '17 07:14
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Adding street cred to his Nobel prize.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Dylan's a classic. We spotted him walking the streets after he played in Melbourne.
    "Look, Bob Dylan just walked by!! " , "No! , Bob Dylan wouldn't be walking the streets"
    But it was him ...
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    16 Oct '17 18:36
    Yes, I agree, Dylan is the man. Some of his lyrics have passed into the collective unconscious and become almost cliche. I can't think of anyone who comes close to having attained that kind of cultural reach.

Just look at how many covers there are of "Forever Young," for example.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 03:14
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Yes, I agree, Dylan is the man. Some of his lyrics have passed into the collective unconscious and become almost cliche. I can't think of anyone who comes close to having attained that kind of cultural reach.
    Cole Porter
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 03:57
    Originally posted by @moonbus

Just look at how many covers there are of "Forever Young," for example.
    Great version of that song by "Youth Group" ... which was my fave song for a bit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree