1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 00:56
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Sure , I'd love to check out some new mucic. Just give me 48hrs.

Like I said, she was always real shy. I was the first she started playing music to. The recording and busking took a bit more confidence and a "push along" to get happening. Unfortunatle my pc crashed and all my files were lost. I did burn a few cd's. Did you want me to ask permission to send to a copy- I doubt she'd mind. She be stoked to have some interest in her music.
    Yeah, I'd love to hear her songs, maybe they would even play them on our local NPR station. Does she still record new songs or has her new bf screwed that up as well?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 02:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I've had sole custody for 4 years of our boy. It was all good when Jo used to visit on w'ends (she works full time now) until she got together with the "risk factor"
    Anyway, I'm fine with kids - it's the adults I have a problem with. (You know how some people are just cut out to raise kids and others just aren't? Well I'm definately the former)

(It ...[text shortened]... want this, but if I send my boy to a dangerous environmant, than it looks bad on me.
    Good for you. Sounds as if it worked out reasonably well all things considered.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 02:40
    Originally posted by roofSparrow
    I think this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPtSKimbjOU&noredirect=1

deserves many more hits!
    It's closing in on one million hits...

This is more of what i was looking for... a week ago this had 8k hits, now closing in on 20k and raising.

YouTube
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 05:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yeah, I'd love to hear her songs, maybe they would even play them on our local NPR station. Does she still record new songs or has her new bf screwed that up as well?
    It depends on her confidence. It really shouldn't- if you're good enough it shouldn't matter what others say. (The ex that that song, ("Thank you" ),is about fully dented her confidence at 22 and said that if she hadn't made it by then then she would never make it. It's taken her nearly a decade to shake off that negativity and start building her confidence.)
    I dare say she wont be doing anything musically for awhile. It's a real shame.

We'll see how the next few months pan out. I got the feeling there's still a bit more good music in Jo that she needs to share with the world.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 05:26
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Good for you. Sounds as if it worked out reasonably well all things considered.
    I'm lucky - both with my boy and girl. You hear of some horror stories about dads not getting to dee their kids because of the differences between them and the mother. (totally irrelevant to the kid)
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 05:31
    Originally posted by Trev33
    That must be hard with a kid. Under normal circumstances you'd say feck her and forget about her, just not possible if you want to see your kid though. Hope it's working out as good as it can.

Since we're sharing life stories, my first proper girlfriend did the same, we had only been going out for a few months and were too young to get into anything seriou ...[text shortened]... think tbh i kind of wanted her to know that i saw her. I'd love to believe in karma.
    Thats some sort of karma alright (if I get you right)

It's just this whole "grass is greener in the other side" syndrome which I cant stand.
    They dont leave you for any real tangible reason , just because they're bored or whatever. Very, very lame. Very hard for the kids to understand too
  7. .
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 22:581 edit
    Here's a song that should have more hits:
    YouTube

It's pretty raw.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree