Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 11 May '14 13:15
    Django Unchained. Who's with me? Ay? Ay?
  2. 11 May '14 13:30
    Haven't seen it, but that's quite a bold statement considering the existence of Once Upon A Time In The West.
  3. 11 May '14 13:55
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Haven't seen it, but that's quite a bold statement considering the existence of Once Upon A Time In The West.
    Yes, there are a few oldies like that, but django unchained is my new
    favourite. Used to be the good, the bad and the ugly, but now it's django
    unchained. Seriously, you should see it. It's got everything from senseless
    violence to humour and an interesting story line too.
  4. 11 May '14 15:42
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Django Unchained. Who's with me? Ay? Ay?
    It's nearly as bad a film as Sin City. Tarantino's sense of humour is seriously suspect, IMO.
  5. 11 May '14 17:04
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Yes, there are a few oldies like that, but django unchained is my new
    favourite. Used to be the good, the bad and the ugly, but now it's django
    unchained. Seriously, you should see it. It's got everything from senseless
    violence to humour and an interesting story line too.
    Yup, one day I'll watch it. I'm a bit Tarantino tired though. I think he should stop trying to be Tarantino so much. Must every movie he makes contain over-the-top violence and ridiculous amounts of swearing?

    If I were his close friend I'd challenge him to do something wildly unTarantino-like. Maybe a romantic comedy or something.

    Or porn.
  6. 11 May '14 17:29
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Django Unchained. Who's with me? Ay? Ay?
    I must have watched every spaghetti western evah, yesterday i watched three, probably Sergio Leone makes the best, Once upon a time in the west is just class. I have not seen Django unchained but i have seen the 1960/70s original ones.
  7. 11 May '14 17:30
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Haven't seen it, but that's quite a bold statement considering the existence of Once Upon A Time In The West.
    At last we agree on something.
  8. 11 May '14 20:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I must have watched every spaghetti western evah, yesterday i watched three, probably Sergio Leone makes the best, Once upon a time in the west is just class. I have not seen Django unchained but i have seen the 1960/70s original ones.
    With the exception of Django Unchained and Eastwood's Unforgiven, all other
    really good westerns in my opinion are indeed italian spaghetti from the 60's
    and 70's, I agree. Leone made most of the great ones, but I also liked
    Corbucci's Django.
  9. 12 May '14 06:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    At last we agree on something.
    The universe is out of balance.
  10. 12 May '14 06:47
    Originally posted by C Hess
    With the exception of Django Unchained and Eastwood's Unforgiven, all other
    really good westerns in my opinion are indeed italian spaghetti from the 60's
    and 70's, I agree. Leone made most of the great ones, but I also liked
    Corbucci's Django.
    Unforgiven is a fantastic film. Have to watch that one again soon.
  11. 12 May '14 11:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Unforgiven is a fantastic film. Have to watch that one again soon.
    That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about
    everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And now I'm here to
    kill you Bill, for what you did to Ned.


    You know the movie is well made when the protagonist can admit to
    something like that and you don't even cringe.
  12. 13 May '14 14:29
    Unforgiven is my favourite.

    My heart also has a soft spot for Young Guns which I must have seen about 30 times when I was a young teenager.
  13. 13 May '14 14:54
    Originally posted by darvlay
    My heart also has a soft spot for Young Guns...
    Yeah, it was okay, but never one of my personal favourites.
  14. 13 May '14 15:36
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Yeah, it was okay, but never one of my personal favourites.
    Likely not anyone's personal favourite. Just that it was mine when I was 11 years old. I haven't seen it since the 90s probably. Doubt it's aged well.
  15. 13 May '14 16:16
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Likely not anyone's personal favourite. Just that it was mine when I was 11 years old. I haven't seen it since the 90s probably. Doubt it's aged well.
    You know what has aged well? Not a western, but for some reason it
    popped into my mind, taxi driver: you talking to me? Never gets old.