1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 08:16
    How is it that Cheers, Frasier, Friends and Seinfeld - four of the hugest TV sitcoms that American TV has ever produced - managed to churn out 40 or 50 full length series between them, at 24-26 episodes each, without - for all intents and purposes - having any significant black characters in any of them? Is it 'just one of those things' or was it a deliberate calculation?
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 08:301 edit
    Forget about blacks... they had no Latino characters! 😠
  3. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 08:36
    in the Seinfeld case, maybe the Kramer guy had it in his contract.
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 13:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    How is it that Cheers, Frasier, Friends and Seinfeld - four of the hugest TV sitcoms that American TV has ever produced - managed to churn out 40 or 50 full length series between them, at 24-26 episodes each, without - for all intents and purposes - having any significant black characters in any of them? Is it 'just one of those things' or was it a deliberate calculation?
    Wow! You might be on to something there FMF! Its a conspiracy for sure!Harry Potter has no significant black characters,James Bond,nor the Monty Python movies.I also noticed the Beatles had no black members either. I wish I saw it first,you truly are brilliant!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 13:12
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Wow! You might be on to something there FMF! Its a conspiracy for sure!Harry Potter has no significant black characters,James Bond,nor the Monty Python movies.I also noticed the Beatles had no black members either. I wish I saw it first,you truly are brilliant!
    You are cackling incoherently as if you perceive my OP as a personal attack.

😀
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 13:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are cackling incoherently as if you perceive my OP as a personal attack.

😀
    personal attack ? never! i am totally serious about this.you may have blown the top off this whole racism thing w/undeniable proof of a conspiracy.next, we must find the culprits.WASP or Zionist ? maybe they came together for this endeavor? that would be very sinister indeed!
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 13:35
    personal attack ? never! i am totally serious about this.you may have blown the top off this whole racism thing w/undeniable proof of a conspiracy.next, we must find the culprits.WASP or Zionist ? maybe they came together for this endeavor? that would be very sinister indeed!
    You seem to be hyperventilating.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 15:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    do they have to have black people in it?

what if no black person wanted to be part of it in the first place?
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 15:39
    beatles had no black people in it?

what about billy preston?

YouTube#watch-main-area
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 16:03
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    do they have to have black people in it?

what if no black person wanted to be part of it in the first place?
    What form of sheer ignorance are you trying to satirize here?
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 16:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    What form of sheer ignorance are you trying to satirize here?
    I don't know what you want.

make your point clearer. are you saying they don't have black people because they're racist? are you saying they have to have black people? are you saying black people don't want to be in the show?

what is your point?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 16:13
    I don't know what you want.

make your point clearer. are you saying they don't have black people because they're racist? are you saying they have to have black people? are you saying black people don't want to be in the show?

what is your point?
    The OP could not have stated a topic more clearly and could not have raised follow up questions any more straight forwardly.
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 16:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    The OP could not have stated a topic more clearly and could not have raised follow up questions any more straight forwardly.
    so you think they're racist?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 16:25
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 16:30
    Do you have an opinion or answer to my question apart from answering the question with a question or saying, bizarrely, "what if no black person wanted to be part of it in the first place?"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree