1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 01:001 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, then. Black people in 'Black sitcoms' and white people in 'White sitcoms', and a baffling lack of stuff in between. Is it 'just one of those things' or are these deliberate calculations?
    How about Different Strokes, King of Queens, The A team, The Mod Squad, Magnum PI, The Little Rascals, and a bunch that were already listed on another post. Still a good question though. Maybe artistic liscence allows for shows to be written without the token white,black,yellow, or red character. The answer my friend is not blowing in the wind, it is blowing out your wazoo.🙂
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 01:45
    ...these are all very fake relationships between african americans and anglo-europeans....how many african american people do you know who actually invite whitey to the family barbacue in real life ?....phony is as phony does and is not real life...that is why church time is the greatest seperation of the races each 7 days...people like to spend their most real time among the people they like to be around the most and other social interactions are often a bit or alot forced...tv is quite a phony vision of life...
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 02:13
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ...these are all very fake relationships between african americans and anglo-europeans....how many african american people do you know who actually invite whitey to the family barbacue in real life ?....phony is as phony does and is not real life...that is why church time is the greatest seperation of the races each 7 days...people like to spend their most ...[text shortened]... other social interactions are often a bit or alot forced...tv is quite a phony vision of life...
    You may have something there. When I was in the Air Force I met a lot of black people that were truly good people to be around. All my supervisors were black and they treated me great. I played hundreds of checker games with my last supervisor and had dinners at his house with his family frequently. Had it not been for the military I wonder if that would have happened? The military brought people together in a way that may not have occured without the environment. I have an idea that those that have been in the military are less racist after their experience than would have been otherwise. I grew up in a town that only had one black family in it. I never met them as the son was a few years older than me and too far ahead in school. All I can say is that racism is alive and well but that is because of ignorance and ego. The tv shows brings the races together in a way that could be very positive.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 02:35
    ....staying comfortable around the people like yourself is not racism...it is a product of how you grow up....i was also in the military...my first beating was by a black man but it was not because i was white and he was black...i later worked under a black captain who was a gentleman...the military is one of the more honest places one can be with others you did not grow up with as what counts is that you or they can be counted on and that has nothing to do with color but in the enlisted men's club after hours the races did choose different beers and sat at different tables and it was not a matter of racism it was just being with one's own folks when you wanted to kick back and be what you came from at the end of the day...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree