1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 21:591 edit
    Not a fan of the south, and not a fan of lovesick music. But this works for me, I like the way they put on a show by making the music, and that's all.

YouTube
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 16:29
    Originally posted by apathist
    Not a fan of the south, and not a fan of lovesick music. But this works for me, I like the way they put on a show by making the music, and that's all.

[youtube]Kp9G0zkorio[/youtube]
    Linda was spectacularly beautiful in her prime, GREAT singer. Now suffering from MS and has given up singing. A shame.
    One CD that stands out, Trio, with Emmy Lou Harris and Dolly Parton. Great record.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 12:01

This is my favorite Ronstadt song. A little pain, a little yearning. Beautiful and haunting.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 12:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is my favorite Ronstadt song. A little pain, a little yearning. Beautiful and haunting.
    What did you think about her work on "Trio'?
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 16:04

A fine song, no doubt. She did it on the Muppet show too, pretty funny.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Linda was spectacularly beautiful in her prime, GREAT singer. Now suffering from MS and has given up singing. A shame.
    One CD that stands out, Trio, with Emmy Lou Harris and Dolly Parton. Great record.
    thank you
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 11:31
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    What did you think about her work on "Trio'?
    I have I think four Ronstadt albums. Trio is not one of them, I don't think I've ever heard it.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 18:291 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I have I think four Ronstadt albums. Trio is not one of them, I don't think I've ever heard it.
    You would probably love it. Trio is Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt and Emmy Lou Harris. Just georgeous harmonies, a GREAT album. They made two CD's but I like the first one just named 'Trio' best. BTW, don't know if you ever went to my SC account, I gave you the link but anyway I am up to 61 tracks there now, 3 full hours. 40 of them are my own original compositions, all instrumentals, guitar solo, mandolin solo, lap dulcimer solo and some multitrack too. Also songs my wife, our friends Jill Rogoff, Shelley Yamini, and Esther Haynes, recorded onstage in Jerisalem and in our flat there, we lived in a little village called Abu Tor, overlooking the 'peace' forest and you can see the old city from our balcony. We had a lot of fun there since we are dedicated folkies and there is an active anglo folk community in Israel. But lately I have been composing tunes dedicated to family members, a couple for my wife, her mom, our kids, and grandkids.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 19:421 edit
    Parkinson's Disease

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/linda-ronstadt-parkinsons-diagnosis-life-20267910
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 21:521 edit
    Originally posted by @js357
    Parkinson's Disease

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/linda-ronstadt-parkinsons-diagnosis-life-20267910
    Ah, I stand corrected. Well sitting actually. Hey what happened you stopped playing, about 6 months now.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 16:14
    Ah, I stand corrected. Well sitting actually. Hey what happened you stopped playing, about 6 months now.
    I finally admitted that playing chess give me more stress than pleasure. I do enjoy reviewing games played by others.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 12:23
    Originally posted by @js357
    I finally admitted that playing chess give me more stress than pleasure. I do enjoy reviewing games played by others.
    Was it your game with Arayn (1200) that did it?
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 14:21
    Was it your game with Arayn (1200) that did it?
    It was, generally speaking, tournaments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree