Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 19 Mar '08 00:43 / 1 edit
    Seeing as my forum on Elton John has failed to an extent to maintain popularity, I've decided to focus on a different artist. Let's hear what you have to say about Bob Seger. I think he's a great artist and has enjoyed much success in his career. My favorite songs by him are "The Fire Down Below" and "Main Street".
  2. Standard member Sunburnt
    Leopard Girl
    19 Mar '08 00:49
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    Seeing as my forum on Elton John has failed to an extent to maintain popularity, I've decided to focus on a different artist. Let's hear what you have to say about Bob Seger. I think he's a great artist and has enjoyed much success in his career. My favorite songs by him are "The Fire Down Below" and "Main Street".
    I don't care what anyone says about Bob Seger. My parents raised me on him. I can't help but love him. You should see them all dance at family parties to him 😀. It's hilarious.
  3. 19 Mar '08 02:58
    Originally posted by Sunburnt
    I don't care what anyone says about Bob Seger. My parents raised me on him. I can't help but love him. You should see them all dance at family parties to him 😀. It's hilarious.
    Glad to find that there's another fan here. Do you have a favorite song by him?
  4. Standard member rbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    19 Mar '08 03:02
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    Seeing as my forum on Elton John has failed to an extent to maintain popularity, I've decided to focus on a different artist. Let's hear what you have to say about Bob Seger. I think he's a great artist and has enjoyed much success in his career. My favorite songs by him are "The Fire Down Below" and "Main Street".
    There was an Elton John forum? I must have missed that.
  5. 19 Mar '08 21:45
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    There was an Elton John forum? I must have missed that.
    I meant to say thread instead of forum, but scroll down a bit and you'll find it.
  6. 30 Mar '08 19:25
    Turn the Page and Katmandu are my favorites.
    Seger played littlejohn Collisseum at Clemson back in the 70s--about the time that Boston was peaking with More than a Feeling--and I remember that there was a really poor turnout. I never understood that--Bob was WAYYY better than Boston.
  7. 30 Mar '08 20:16
    One of the least worthy entrants to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Along with Jackson Brown.
  8. 30 Mar '08 22:39
    "Main Street", and I imagine most people know "We've Got Tonight".
  9. 01 Apr '08 23:29 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    "Main Street", and I imagine most people know "We've Got Tonight".
    "Main Street" is one of my favorites. Love the guitar riff at the beginning.
  10. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    02 Apr '08 13:06
    No one has mentioned "Night Moves?" I thought it was like a Bob Seger anthem.. I'll never get tired of hearing it.
  11. 02 Apr '08 19:09
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    No one has mentioned "Night Moves?" I thought it was like a Bob Seger anthem.. I'll never get tired of hearing it.
    His anthem was more along the lines of "Old Time Rock and Roll", although he never actually wrote it.