1. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 01:47
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    Yeah, but it's still one of those songs you just have to love. Kashmir is okay, Black Dog is great. I also like The Ocean.

Hendrix, great. Cream was good; I liked Sunshine of Your Love. The Who is wonderful. You have great tastes.

Anybody here a fan of the Doobie Brothers?
    Don't take it to extremes now
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 15:29
    Good choices. "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" is unbelievably long, though, about 26 minutes, but still an exceptional song. "Comfortably Numb" is a great one, too. I personally like "Another Brick in the Wall", "Money", "Time", and "The Great Gig in the Sky".
    All good. You should try Cirrus Minor, Wot's..Uh The Deal?, Country Song, and Cymbaline. Not all the early Floyd stuff was Psycadelic Space music (bot that there's anything WRONg with that)😉
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 18:42
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It's impossible.
    Frickin' Perry Como fan....

PERRY COMO - It's Impossible

It's impossible, tell the sun to leave the sky, it's just impossible
    It's impossible, ask a baby not to cry, it's just impossible
    Can I hold you closer to me and not feel you goin' through me?
    Split the second that I never think of you? Oh, how impossible

Can the ocean keep from rushin' to the shore? It's just impossible
    If I had you, could I ever want for more? It's just impossible
    And tomorrow, shouldya ask me for the world, somehow I'd get it
    I would sell my very soul and not regret it
    For to live without your love--It's just impossible

Can the ocean keep from rushin' to the shore? It's just impossible
    If I had you, could I ever want for more? It's just impossible
    And tomorrow, shouldya ask me for the world, somehow I'd get it
    I would sell my very soul and not regret it
    For to live without your love--It's just impossible

Impossible, immmmmm-impossible
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 18:44
    Terrible.
    Come on Dude...Insane Clown Posse suck
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 18:46
    I don't consider Tom Waits to be classic rock because they don't play him on those crappy radio stations. Plus, his newer albums are arguably just as good as his first ones - a rarity among aging "rock stars".
    Has your Piano been drinkin' again?
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 18:48
    I personally like "Another Brick in the Wall", "Money", "Time", and "The Great Gig in the Sky".
    Is there a difference between "I like..." and "I personally like..."??
  7. Club 64
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 19:56
    Originally posted by uzless
    Is there a difference between "I like..." and "I personally like..."??
    No....they mean the same thing. It's just a different way to say them. You couldn't figure that out?
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 20:535 edits
    No....they mean the same thing. It's just a different way to say them. You couldn't figure that out?
    Actually they don't. "I like" and "I personally like" come from different literal translations of other languages.

English is a relatively new language that takes its cues from other languages. "I like" is derived from German, whereas, "I personally like" is derived from French....as in "Moi, je t'aime" which translated means, "Personally, I like you" You could just as easily say "je t'aime" but it doesn't relay the intimate personal connection with the subject matter being spoken about.

I wonder if you have some French in your lineage. The way you write and the way you insult questions you don't understand would lead me to believe you might...
  9. Club 64
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 21:54
    Actually they don't. "I like" and "I personally like" come from different literal translations of other languages.

English is a relatively new language that takes its cues from other languages. "I like" is derived from German, whereas, "I personally like" is derived from French....as in "Moi, je t'aime" which translated means, "Personally, I like you ...[text shortened]... u insult questions you don't understand would lead me to believe you might...
    There is no French in my lineage. Not a trace. Irish, English, Scottish, German, but certainly not French. And I understood the question perfectly. You're the one who seems to be attacking me. And we're not talking about the differences in other languages. There really isn't a difference in English. "I personally like" is the same as saying "I like", except you're just putting extra emphasis on you by adding the adverb "personally". In English, it's really the tone that you use (of course only in spoken English), and which word you emphasize, that determines what you really mean.
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 15:39
    There is no French in my lineage. Not a trace. Irish, English, Scottish, German, but certainly not French. And I understood the question perfectly. You're the one who seems to be attacking me. And we're not talking about the differences in other languages. There really isn't a difference in English. "I personally like" is the same as saying "I like", except ...[text shortened]... spoken English), and which word you emphasize, that determines what you really mean.
    well, there's a whole section of linguists in my group who would disagree with your position but c'est la vie.

Classic Rock rocks!
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 21:29

English is a relatively new language that takes its cues from other languages. "I like" is derived from German, whereas, "I personally like" is derived from French....as in "Moi, je t'aime" which translated means, "Personally, I like you ...[text shortened]... u insult questions you don't understand would lead me to believe you might...
    Why would you ask a question that you already know the answer to?
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 21:301 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Why would you ask a question that you already know the answer to?
    to see if he knew the answer or if his turn of phrase was merely hap-hazzard.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree