Standard memberPalynka
Culture 24 Nov '09 15:49
  1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Nov '09 15:49
    Has anyone read this?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collapse-Societies-Choose-Fail-Survive/dp/0713992867

Sounds interesting.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 02:55
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Has anyone read this?

Sounds interesting.
    It's like a big bulging appendix to "Guns Germs And Steel".
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 19:522 edits
    Has anyone read this?

Sounds interesting.
    You should read that book and his Guns Germs etc book before that.

Read Guns first.

EDIT: While you're at it read, "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins

EDIT2: What you should really do is to give yourself a nice base to set up all three books. Read, "A short History of Progress" by Ronald Wright before you read the others. All four books will explain the world today as we know it.

The ultimate book of course is "The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers".
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 09:29
    Originally posted by uzless
    You should read that book and his Guns Germs etc book before that.

Read Guns first.

EDIT: While you're at it read, "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins

EDIT2: What you should really do is to give yourself a nice base to set up all three books. Read, "A short History of Progress" by Ronald Wright before you read the others. All fo ...[text shortened]... as we know it.

The ultimate book of course is "The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers".
    Do you have a comment on the book or was this just you showing that you assume too much about what I have and have not read?
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 16:20
    Do you have a comment on the book or was this just you showing that you assume too much about what I have and have not read?
    Didn't ASSUME anything. Just made suggestions. If you've read them, great. Others reading the post may not have read them. Not everything is about you just because it happens to be addressed to you.

Jebus, one MIGHT think suggested reading would be welcomed. I must have lost my mind.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 16:32
    Originally posted by uzless
    Didn't ASSUME anything. Just made suggestions. If you've read them, great. Others reading the post may not have read them. Not everything is about you just because it happens to be addressed to you.

Jebus, one MIGHT think suggested reading would be welcomed. I must have lost my mind.
    A comment on the book would still be very much appreciated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree