1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    09 Apr '11 15:41
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Because you frequently accuse others of that very issue so I was just surprised you would make such a sweeping statement. THat's all.
    But I love sweeping generalizations. For example - All Republicans are evil. All Billy Ray Cyrus fans are retarded. All billionaires should be killed. You see?
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '11 21:06
    Originally posted by rwingett
    But I love sweeping generalizations. For example - All Republicans are evil. All Billy Ray Cyrus fans are retarded. All billionaires should be killed. You see?
    I agree on Cyrus comment. That one is an apt generalization. I'll stick to music, however. There many quite inane performers. Tastes are generally poor and people seem to prefer simpler music to more complex involved musical genres. hence Rebecca Black gets50M+ hits whereas Rennaissance Choral music gets quite fewer hits. Lady Gaga seems to sell out most everywhere whereas opera has lots of empty seats. I wonder if Gaga is one of those billionaires(eventually) you'd like to have killed or Madonna.
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 14:18
    I love the prior discussion on Celtic music.

For the discussuion of rock vs country, the things that I enjoyed about rock and roll such as a keen talent for instrumentation, seems to be less evident in today's rock and more heard in the country genre. Rock,as a current rule, is more involved with vocals and has actually lost the more advent garde aspects that helped define it in the mid and late 60's.

Annyway, the parts that I enjoy are more readily heard in country vs rock anymore. The songwriting is certainly stronger in my view.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 19:08
    Let me amend the billionaire statement. If you start with Soros then I'm OK with billionaires being offed!
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 19:101 edit
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I love the prior discussion on Celtic music.

For the discussuion of rock vs country, the things that I enjoyed about rock and roll such as a keen talent for instrumentation, seems to be less evident in today's rock and more heard in the country genre. Rock,as a current rule, is more involved with vocals and has actually lost the more advent garde aspec e readily heard in country vs rock anymore. The songwriting is certainly stronger in my view.
    On the other hand, gotta admit today's country is quite "rockified"! Most of it does not resemble old country at all. A lot of it is too popsy as well, but indeed beter musicianship indeed.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 19:57
    Let me amend the billionaire statement. If you start with Soros then I'm OK with billionaires being offed!
    That's why you'll never get anywhere in this life. It's only proper to start at the top of the list, with Carlos Slim, and then work your way down without showing any favoritism. It would be a breach in ethics to give Soros cuts in the line to the guillotine.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 00:23
    That's why you'll never get anywhere in this life. It's only proper to start at the top of the list, with Carlos Slim, and then work your way down without showing any favoritism. It would be a breach in ethics to give Soros cuts in the line to the guillotine.
    Actually for once we agree. Slim makes the list as well. I'd be content with Soros, Slim, Cuban (Mavs owner) and Jerry Jones! The others get a repreive! But definitely Soros has way more influence than Slim.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 11:59
    If you want to do some good, better start with Murdoch and Trump. And junk-peddler Sugar. If you have rope left, you might add some investment w... oops, bankers to your list. Ones with bonuses.

Richard
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '11 11:26
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    If you want to do some good, better start with Murdoch and Trump. And junk-peddler Sugar. If you have rope left, you might add some investment w... oops, bankers to your list. Ones with bonuses.

Richard
    As long as Soros goes first then we can take all others under advisement. Slim and Soros all the way.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    15 Apr '11 10:51
    I think billionaires is too small a group. Execute everyone who's worth more than a million, in total assets. I suppose you'd have to give them a chance to give all the surplus away first...
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '11 12:22
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I think billionaires is too small a group. Execute everyone who's worth more than a million, in total assets. I suppose you'd have to give them a chance to give all the surplus away first...
    Nah! Millionaires are small potatoes! Soros goes first even if he decides to give his surplus away. But first we make him dance on that star dance thingy with Oprah. Once those two are offed then the world will be nothing but dancing unicorns with rainbow streamers hanging form their horns!
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '11 20:30
    Plenty of artists out there who are very good and provide us great enjoyment instead of great annoyment!
    Right. Like what and who you like. Don't adopt for yourself, or limit your explorations to, the boundaries on genre devised by others.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '11 21:16
    Originally posted by JS357
    Right. Like what and who you like. Don't adopt for yourself, or limit your explorations to, the boundaries on genre devised by others.
    So what's that supposed to mean? I should invent my own genre? I can't partake of genres because I did not invent these? What a dark world you inhabit indeed! I like all music except for rap and hip hop and Diamanda Galas and others like her. Otherwise if it's good I'll listen and enjoy. La musica sensa dipiacere, la schrifanoia musicale!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree