1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    10 Aug '19 00:35
    You MUST have a lot of money (in the USA) to have "Class". To have a sophisticated upbringing, nice table manners, etc.. means NOTHING w/o tons of money to back it up !
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '19 00:36
    @ogb said
    You MUST have a lot of money (in the USA) to have "Class". To have a sophisticated upbringing, nice table manners, etc.. means NOTHING w/o tons of money to back it up !
    ROFL
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '19 00:56
    @KellyJay

Well if you want to vacation in all the right places and have the proper entertainment, yes it does cost money.
  4. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    10 Aug '19 04:34
    @Eladar

you're right, of course. Don't forget even a low-life barrio brother can hit the lotto . Then move in right next to YOU !! I saw it on TV the Lotto Winner's House Hunters..
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '19 07:15
    @ogb said
    True. Which is why the country doesn't have any class at all. Even the least barbaric among you serm to think that Jay Leno is charming.
  6. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    10 Aug '19 10:444 edits
    @Shallow-Blue

culture does not require money.

culture requires intent.

i am just a "hillary clinton deplorable" and obama was correct, i love my guns and my bible.

i am white and when i work outside my neck burns red from the sun ( or was that heat from climate change ?..no, it was the sun ).

what is required for "culture" ?

a shopworn book, being a good listener, ( women bending to one knee rather than bending over to get something ), a pleasant and welcoming demeanor, bringing some good
    conversation ( about any reasonable subject ) to the dining table,
    not cursing, etc.

money allows one to have things and to buy certain events or items but that is not culture. that is only some certain events and or items.

i love walmart.

and skip the tennis shoes, the cargo pants, the t-shirt, the basketball shorts....don't dress like a slob. jeans and a flannel shirt, regular shoes, etc. ...this is good even on a tiny budget.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 13:09
    @mister-moggy said
    @Shallow-Blue

culture requires intent.

i am just a "hillary clinton deplorable" and obama was correct, i love my guns and my bible.

i am white and when i work outside my neck burns red from the sun ( or was that heat from climate change ?..no, it was the sun ).

a shopworn book, bein ...[text shortened]... like a slob. jeans and a flannel shirt, regular shoes, etc. ...this is good even on a tiny budget.
    Class comes from within, not without.
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 22:48
    @mister-moggy

sir, I can tell you judge people by the way they dress. Some of those tennis shoes you disdain cost a lot of Money. ! they are sponsored by very famous and RICH basketball players !!
  9. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    16 Aug '19 23:14
    @Suzianne
    Give me a break ..if you're poor you're nothing...a nobody ! go ahead and read all your fancy, deep, meaningful books. lol..ha ha ho ho..that you have to borrow from the library because you have no money !!! lol
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 05:38
    @ogb said
    @Suzianne
    Give me a break ..if you're poor you're nothing...a nobody ! go ahead and read all your fancy, deep, meaningful books. lol..ha ha ho ho..that you have to borrow from the library because you have no money !!! lol
    Instead of grinding your gears over what you don't have, go earn it. Get an education and have a career. Maybe you'll at least end up with a proper sense of what's important and what's not.
  11. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 16:392 edits
    @Suzianne

OK Miss Manners..u have me rofl lol..the "proper sense" what a hoot !!
    I'll have u know I'm "comfortable" financially, but I want MORE ! I want the WHOLE PIE !
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '19 20:58
    @mister-moggy said
    @Shallow-Blue

culture requires intent.

a shopworn book, bein ...[text shortened]... like a slob. jeans and a flannel shirt, regular shoes, etc. ...this is good even on a tiny budget.
    I was agreement till you said, "...don't dress like a slob" if you are going to go that far, well, get some culture would you. 🙂
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 15:29
    @ogb
    So greed raises its ugly head.....
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    27 Aug '19 02:08
    @ogb said
    I don't think the word "culture" means what you think it means.
  15. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    31 Aug '19 03:36
    @Soothfast
    so enlighten me, please. I happen to live in the California culture !!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree