d&d/rpgs

Standard membery0da777
Culture 24 Jul '08 20:44
  1. Joined
    26 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 20:44
    anyone play d&d or another d20 system game?
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 21:35
    yep. Not 4th edition D&D though--they wrecked it this time.

Star Trek, Delta Green and Call of Cthulhu d20 are all good.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 21:54
    Yes, as well as Neverwinter Nights (the original, NWN2 sucks).
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 21:52
    cool i play d&d 3.5 and starwars sometimes. i would like to play startrek soon tho.
  5. USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 03:41
    Originally posted by y0da777
    anyone play d&d or another d20 system game?
    YES!!!!!😲😵
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 08:50
    Obviously.

However, Warhammer RPG is way better than AD&D.

But, if you really want the best of the best combat and magic systems in a RHP, you need to get hold of "The World As Known RPG".

It's very hard to find nowadays.

http://www.geocities.com/mjb2000_nl/twakdownload.html
    Was a back-up site for it, I'm not sure how much is still downloadable though.

I have a CD of it at home if anyone's really interested (I can e-mail the contents to you).

Basically the magic system allows you to cast any spell you want, but the higher above your level it is, the higher the chance of it screwing you up is.
    You need to find spells to know them.
    The system ensures you don't need to play for 3 years before you can cast the best spells, but at the same time makes sure you're careful not to use them unless you have to.

The combat system is a four dice roll:
    - to hit (d20)
    - damage (d6)
    - location (if not previously chosen) (d12)
    - addtional damage (d8)

If a location is "previously" chosen, it's harder to hit, but does more damage and increases the chance of additional damage. Hence rendering "combat" a last resort choice (increasing the role-playing, decreasing hack 'n' slash).

Weapons, skills, languages, etc. are simple, well-balanced, but thorough.
    --------------------
    And for the die-hards who really want to know...

http://www.geocities.com/mjb2000_nl/stories.html
    And go to Ge Thsmini
    That's a story that takes place in "The world as known" setting.
    Shavixmir is the deposed king of Cidal (a wild and cursed country).

http://www.geocities.com/mjb2000_nl
    I just noticed that if you go here and then to "Great debates" that most of the Lord of the rings and Star Wars spoofs are still up and running.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 23:35
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Obviously.

However, Warhammer RPG is way better than AD&D.

But, if you really want the best of the best combat and magic systems in a RHP, you need to get hold of [b]"The World As Known RPG".

It's very hard to find nowadays.

http://www.geocities.com/mjb2000_nl/twakdownload.html
    Was a back-up site for it, I'm not sure how much is still dow ...[text shortened]... most of the Lord of the rings and Star Wars spoofs are still up and running.[/b]
    Warhammer's too damn expensive and takes too much time to paint the figures and stuff. Plus the hardcoded turn limit bugs me.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 05:43
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Warhammer's too damn expensive and takes too much time to paint the figures and stuff. Plus the hardcoded turn limit bugs me.
    I was on about the fantasy role-playing (of which the costs, although more expensive than TWAK...which is free..., are still cheaper than AD&D).

The fantasy battle game is superb too. It is though, I'll give you that, bloody expensive.
    Generally speaking though, if you avoid Uber (so put a cap on the point cost of heroes and lords), the game is very well balanced.

Unless, like me, you play Tomb Kings, then it's just one disaster after another.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree